Friday 1 May 2015

213. three two one, break


On Wednesday, Laura and I met up in Shinjuku, had a late lunch then went to Nine Spices for a show. There were 6 bands playing that night and it was Hollow Sun's first show. I was happy to go because I wanted to see PALM again and say hi, the last time I saw them was in February in Singapore. When we arrived, Toshi was standing outside the venue, and so was Kenta. We said hi and went and found Akira near the stage area and Laura was just talking to him for a while, until the first band started playing.

Stand United was up first and I wasn't that impressed by them. We took a breather after they finished and went back in when Backdate November started playing, they were good live with a more melodic sound. As the show progressed, there were more people and more people coming in. Endzweck put on a good show as well, I didn't really enjoy the first half of the set but the later half was good. Lext was after that, and I wasn't that into it.  I think PALM drew on the most crowd for that night. I enjoyed them this time way more than the show compared to Singapore's. Probably because I really really hate Singapore's crowd, it always puts my mood off.

Otus was after PALM, at this point I was really tired already because I have been out and about so much for the last couple of weeks and consecutively and too many all nighters. Otus was good but I was so sleepy nothing was entering in my head anymore. Hollow Suns was the last for the night and I could enjoy their set probably because it was more melodic, and they also remind me of Foo Fighters but if Laura didn't tell me that in the beginning, I wouldn't have noticed their sound.

They closed to a cover of Hero by none other than Foo Fighters. After the show ended, I was talking to one of Laura's friends and went to the merch table not long after and talked to Kenta for a little bit. It was nice talking to and seeing PALM again. It definitely took my mind off some depressive stuff that has been going on in my life right now.

It was yet another all nighter because the show ended late and I needed to eat. This time, I know I was too tired from the past couple of weeks because I kept falling asleep at the bar. I normally am wide awake but I'm handing over my white flag and saying that I'm really drained. We went to The Roastery the next morning for some coffee and I felt better and still managed to go to class but obviously went home straight after.

This week has been emotionally draining for me and thank god it's Friday already. I'm just hoping for the best for Mad right now and praying that nothing bad is going to happen. I have plans to go to a Cat Cafe on Sunday to just chill, I didn't want to go out at all initially but actually being around cats will be therapeutic. Also, since it's Golden Week next week, there's no class from Monday to Wednesday that means I can just relax at home because that is something I really need right now. Just staying at home for a bit and listening to lynch. is making me feel better already.

Next week looks promising as well. lynch. on Friday!!! I haven't seen them since December so I'm really looking forward to that and Mad Ollie on Saturday. There's a couple of bands I'm really looking forward to seeing and anytime I can see Crystal Lake again is good for me. Yay next weekend is gonna be full of things I love. 楽しみだ!

No comments:

Post a Comment