Tuesday 19 May 2015

218. the curious case of benjamin button


Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"

Last week I skipped a day of class just to stay in (see previous post), and I watched a couple of films. I've owned The Curious Case of Benjamin Button on DVD for several years now but I haven't seen it in a long time, thats why I decided to bring it back with me to Japan. Sometimes this film makes me emotional because of the characters and how I can relate to some of them. Weirdly enough even though I hate a ton of romantic things, I really loved this scene :


Whenever I watch this part, the same thought always comes into my head "how nice it must be to love someone that much and always have him/her there". Though I don't really believe in love, fate and all that jazz, sometimes I do think about how I used to believe in it so much and how lovely it must be to believe in it again. Feelings are so complicated nowadays. I wish it was easier.

There's also so many parts and quotes of this film I love so much, I could go on forever and this post will never end. After watching this again that day, I felt so much better and I've watched a couple more films over the weekend. I also watched The Help, Little Miss Sunshine, Lost in Translation and The Virgin Suicides. I hope to find more good films when I have the time again soon.

I really miss the night time, because I have all the time to myself to do my own things while everyone is asleep. I always love how quiet it is, how no one would bother me and how my mind would wander off. Lately, life has been so hectic because I'm out everyday and around people. I really use the weekends to stay in and have them to myself. Sometimes it's hard to say no to friends who ask to hang out because those two days are the only time when we're completely free. I'm working on my time management. 

I really miss painting and want to paint again soon but there's hardly any inspiration nowadays. Not painting makes me sad. My mind hasn't had the time and energy to drift off... I really miss that.

P.S. listening to Erik Satie has been one of calming things I have done lately. 

1 comment:

  1. I've also been film binging. I've forgotten about this movie, I always wanted to watch it and never did so I think I'll watch it sometime.

    ReplyDelete