Sunday 10 May 2015

215. decade of greed, lynch.

May 8th, 2015, Friday


Friday was the lynch.'s hall tour final at Shibuya Kokaido. I'm really really not a fan of seated shows because I don't feel like it's a concert. I felt like I was going to watch a movie instead of going to a lynch. show. It was the first ever hall tour for them and honestly, please don't ever do it again. I like the feeling of when the lights go out and everyone goes crazy pushing their way to the front, squeezing in any way possible just to get closer to the stage to see their favorite band. I love that feeling, it may be suffocating but when I'm caught in that situation, I'll be like "Yes, I am at a lynch. show." 

With all that said, at least they made up for having a really good setlist. The opening was pretty epic as well, once the SE started playing and the band's logo was dropped, even I was happy. I was even happier they opened to EXODUS! I haven't seen them play it in a year and it's one of my favorites. GREED followed right after and all my favorite fast songs by them. They even played -273.15 and New Psycho Paralyze right after each other. It would have been so much fun if it was a standing show. I was pretty bummed because I didn't feel like headbanging because of the stupid seats. 

They really made up for playing really rare songs. The slower part of the concert was good because they played my absolute favorites. an illusion and THIS COMA. I was like ;___; during THIS COMA. I was really surprised they played 矛盾と空 and Latin Maria. Those songs are from their very first album, Greedy Dead Souls and I haven't seen them play of those songs live before. They also played quarter life and the universe which are kind of rare. I was really emotional when they played MIRRORS this time because the background screen was playing their music video and I was reminded why I love them so much, since MIRRORS was the music video that really made me fall in love with them. It was the very first piece of lynch. I ever bought, and it came along with the music video.


I was surprised they closed to slow songs before the first encore, with from the end and CULTIC MY EXECUTION. I have never watched cultic before, and the live version is so different from the cd, not in a bad way. It was good I think but not something I would want to watch all the time. The special effects were nice for this song, with lasers and all to give more effect and "feel" of the song. 

Another surprise was Hazuki singing the piano version of anemone. It was just him and a pianist on stage. I mean, lynch. is my favorite band so it's only natural that he is my favorite vocalist. I really enjoyed listening to him in somewhat an acoustic setting. 

I was wondering when they were going to play VANISH and INVINCIBLE throughout the entire show and they played after anemone. The second encore only had one song, which was NIGHT. Hazuki came down from the stage and walked throughout the hall, I was pretty surprised by that as well. There were also streamers again at this show which I didn't manage to catch but someone gave it to me once the show was over, so I was really happy. :)

They also announced new singles and a new full album releasing in October, followed by a tour. I am going to go broke. So basically, it's a new single in August and September and new album in October. Did I mention they are also going to make a DVD of this show? Oh my fucking god. I'm planning to go to their smaller shows in Yokohama and Saitama because it would be a mosh pit. The tour final is at Tokyo Dome City Hall, HALL. So I'm still deciding on whether to go to that one or not, I would probably cave in later on.... fuck you, lynch.

setlist :
SE.
1. EXODUS
2. GREED
3. DEVIL
4. EVILLY
5. -273.1
6. NEW PSYCHO PARALYZE
7. melt
8. an illusion
9. 矛盾と空
10. THIS COMA
11. forgiven
12. ラティンメリア
13. quarter life
14. the universe
15. THE FATAL HOUR HAS COME
16. MIRRORS
17. THE BLASTED BACK BONE
18. ALL THIS I'LL GIVE YOU
19. pulse_
20. ADORE
21. from the end
22. CULTIC MY EXECUTION

EN1.
23. anemono (piano ver.)
24. PHOENIX
25. INVINCIBLE
26. VANISH
27. LIGHTNING

EN2.
28. NIGHT

I was surprised they didn't play AMBIVALENT IDEAL and I'm sick b'cuz luv u. I was happy they didn't play JUDGEMENT and I BELIEVE IN ME, haha. I am pretty sick of seeing those songs.

This time, I was able to meet some nice lynch. fans before the show. I haven't met any visual kei fans that are so nice to me. Though, I only like lynch. , but it's good to know that there are nice fans. I still have a debate going on in my head about liking visual music. I ONLY like lynch. I'm not interested in other visual bands, though I think people should be more open minded about their music. I always get the same comments about visual music or if I mention I like lynch. , "eeww, you like visual music?" There are some good visual bands that don't look or do the stupid visual shit. I have no problem telling people I love lynch. , I don't see why I should hide it. 

I mostly still love the hardcore/westernised scene more because I grew up listening to that kind of music and I prefer people who are into that scene more. They are more laid back and chill. And also  because in Japan, you're bound to find more people who speak english in this scene and I just feel more comfortable going to shows.

Okay, to end of rant. 

I love lynch. no less. Especially Hazuki.

No comments:

Post a Comment