Tuesday 29 March 2016

287. spiny mammals and reptiles

Last Friday, I met up with Laura in Roppongi to check out a hedgehog cafe. Laura loves hedgehogs so she was pretty excited. We went to get burritos for lunch/dinner first before getting cinnabons and then off to the cafe.

The cafe wasn't too difficult to locate, there was also a rabbit cafe on another floor of the building. I was surprised they had geckos as well! I think I was more interested in the geckos than the hedgehogs, haha. There were about 20 hedgehogs or more and over 10 geckos and an iguana. You could choose which hedgehog or gecko you want to hang out with.


I thought it was worth the money since you actually can pick them up and play with them, unlike at Cat Cafes where you just patiently wait for the cats to come to you. Also, cats are more temperamental, so they're hard to handle.

The two hedgehogs I chose were crazy. The first one kept jumping when I touched it, I think it was scared. The second one was sooooo active, it kept trying to come out of the box, it succeeded and ran across the table. I really liked the white hedgehogs but I gave up and chose to hang out with the gecko instead. The hedgehog Laura chose was really cute and fat, and easy to deal with.

look at how happy this girl is.

Obviously, she took this photo.

I think I prefer cold-blooded animals because they're so chill, maybe too chill but that's my style. I painted this leopard gecko a couple of years ago, so it was nice to see it up close in person. I checked online that the one I actually chose is a baby, that's why it has no spots yet. I love the gecko's shade of pink.


Also, for some reason, this gecko kept climbing up my sleeve. I was a little freaked out honestly. I was scared to pick it up at first but after awhile, I enjoyed hanging out with this little guy.


I also love that it has a rested judging face, haha. I thought it will be cool to keep one as a pet but after finding out what I have to feed it, I think I'll just stick to having a cat. These geckos eat live bugs so that means I'll have to keep live bugs in my house? No thanks. Even though I think it would be fine, but I will constantly have this thought of it breeding and bugs infesting my apartment. No.

We spent an hour at the hedgehog cafe before deciding to go to Tsutaya to chill for a bit more before heading home. I realized that lately, I have been going to a lot of animal themed cafes and even a farm. I love animals so I'm happy. I'll still like to go to a snake cafe, though.

April looks like it's going to be a busy busy month for me. I have Yuri coming back and then H will be back from tour and he already planned some dates, Steph will be visiting me for a couple of days too. I will most probably go to see Bullet For My Valentine and by the end of the month, I'll be heading back to Singapore for a week. Once I get back to Tokyo in May, I'll be going to lynch.'s tour final. 

Not complaining but I'll like to spend most of my time on my own painting. I'm excited to see Yuri and Steph again, both I haven't seen for two years. Dates with H should be fun because they always are. I hope I just don't fall sick again like I did right after little sis left. I lost my voice and was down with a bad cold and fever. This time, I'll try to rest more. 

It's already Spring... I can't believe it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment