Tuesday 1 March 2016

278. burning our lives

Little sis arrived in Tokyo on Friday evening, we didn't do much but had dinner and went straight home because she was really tired from her flight.

The next day, we still didn't do anything much but go around Tachikawa because there was a show in the evening at Tachikawa Babel. It was nice to just chill and not worry about the live venue for once, honestly. 

We had a light dinner and went to Babel close to 6 pm for Crystal Lake's Championship Tour. Northern 19 was opening for them. They're a pop-punk band so I wasn't really into them. They sounded pretty good live but pop-punk is just not my thing. 

Crystal Lake took the stage close to 7 pm opening to Mercury. I was surprised with the next song because they played The cover of Beastie Boys' Body Movin'. I have been (kinda) bugging Ryo since last year to play that song, although he said it was difficult to play it live, I think they nailed it on Saturday. I was happy. 

Their setlist on Saturday was refreshing because they didn't play the usual Rollin' and the sequence of songs was different. Also, I thought it was cute they had a stage diving "championship" with judges holding scoreboards. Loyal To The Grave's vocalist was the judge for that night. It was funny because no matter who stage dived, he would hold out a "no" sign. Shinya (guitarist) "opened" the stage diving contest and fans followed. 

I was glad they decided to play Open Water, Burning Our Lives, Endeavor, Ups and Downs, Overcome. The usuals - Beloved, Matrix, Promethetheus, Hades and The Fire Inside were played as well. They closed to Dreamcatcher before the first encore. 

All in all, their fans were the usual - giving back the same energy as the band did. I was glad to see little sis smiling the whole way while the band was playing. It was nice to introduce her to the people I know now. Everyone was in a good mood that day, even me.

I spent some time hanging around the venue as usual before deciding to get supper. It was a great night, I hope Crystal Lake continues to play more old songs for upcoming shows. It's really a breath of fresh air for the band and fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment