Sunday 13 March 2016

280. in with the old & new

Little sis just left Tokyo this afternoon and I can feel the loneliness creeping in already, I gave myself some time to get used to being on my own again and by tomorrow, I'll be right back to studying. I have final term exams coming up again. Before I forget everything, I thought I should write about our adventures as soon as possible.

The first week she was here (it already feels so long ago), we didn't do anything much but go to cafes we love and I brought her to some places I have found on my own. It was really nice introducing her to my friends as well.

March 2nd, Wednesday :
Every time my mom or my sister visits, we never fail to get Totoro creampuffs! We had to sit outside in the balcony area this time because it was fully booked. Thankfully, the weather was really nice that day, we didn't mind sitting outside. We had the usual, mentaiko pasta ( The pasta here is still my favorite in Tokyo) and Totoro creampuffs for dessert! Little sis and I shared the strawberry and banana caramel creampuffs. The strawberry creampuffs here are legendary to me because I don't like strawberries, this is the only strawberry flavored thing that I will happily eat. 

After lunch, we went to Frankie Melbourne Expresso just a few minutes walk away in Shimokita. I miss  Melbourne so much and the mocha here hits the spot. I couldn't really enjoy my mocha because I had to rush off to class, so I drank it in less than10 minutes while little sis stayed there and talked to the staff. This place makes me miss Melbourne a little less.

I met up with little sis again right away after class and we went to Nakano Broadway. I've been wanting to show her Nakano Broadway since it is one of my favorite spots in Tokyo because of all the vintage toys and cool stores. We went around, little sis did some shopping and she managed to find some merch from her favorite childhood anime, Ranma 1/2. (I'm always playing Ranma gachapon because of her) We stopped by Bar Zingaro to get some coffee but she didn't like it. At least there was this cool collaboration piece by Katsuya Terada and Kim Jung Gi to stare at! We didn't do much but went straight home after that.


March 3rd, Thursday:

After class, we met up in Hamamatsucho to get pizza at Devilcraft! Little sis wanted a break from Japanese food, so it was a good idea to come here. We got Hell's House Tortilla chips, Devil Works pizza and fries. Hamamtsucho still holds a special place in both our hearts. 

We were so stuffed after dinner, we walked to Roppongi. Little sis wanted to check out Murakami's exhibition but the line was so long, we decided to skip it. We went to the merch store instead and I finally got a new phone cover after a year! This time it's Yoshitomo Nara. 


Little sis really wanted cinnabons, so we went to get some before heading home. I got the Classic Cinnabon and little sis got the Caramel Peacanbon (which is much better than the classic in my opinion) and the special Nutellabon. We both agreed that the peacan one was the best. We didn't stay out too late because I had to get up early the next morning.

March 4th, Friday:

I had to get up early because there was a school field trip to a farm in Chiba. I usually skip school field trips because they don't interest me and makes me feel as if my school is treating us like children on purpose. I forced myself to go because my attendance rate is really low and  I knew I was gonna be skipping a few days of school the following week to go to Osaka with little sis.

It took 2 hours by bus to get to the farm and we had barbeque lamb for lunch. The farm was pretty huge and the view was pretty nice, I would say. 

There was a petting zoo with sheep, ducks, capybaras, rabbits, tortoises and some lambs. I wanted to see alpacas but there were none. ):
I still have no idea what animal this is?
There were several games at the farm as well, like bungee jumping, go-karts and a maze. I didn't bother playing any of those. We wanted to go strawberry picking but the area was closed. We spent a couple of hours just aimlessly walking around, I got soft serve and at about 2pm, we left back for Tokyo.

I met up with little sis at the Pokemon Centre in Ikebukuro and we had udon for dinner. There was nothing much to do in Ikebukuro, so we just went to the arcade and played a 4D zombie game because I miss playing Resident Evil with my sister. In the end, we spent 2500yen on just one game. It was fun but I think we went a little overboard. 

We didn't do anything much but walked around and decided to go home. The first few days were nothing but ordinary, little sis and  I just did our usual routines when she was in Tokyo for two months in 2014. It was nostalgic, honestly. I really miss that period of time because I know I can't get it back. Both of us lead our own lives now but we still try to have as much fun as possible whenever we are together. 

It was fun showing her new places and introducing her to people. I get reminded of how our lives have changed but she's still my favorite person in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment