Saturday 26 March 2016

285. dizzy, osaka ii

March 11th. Our last day in Osaka. One of the main reasons why we even decided to come to Osaka was to go to Universal Studios Japan again. We got up early, checked out, put our luggage in a locker (I never knew how useful lockers actually are until I live in Japan), and were on our way to the theme park.

One thing I really like (and prefer) about Universal Studios here is that it's not too far from the city, unlike Disneyland and Disneysea. We got our tickets in less than 15 minutes despite the long line, both of us decided to get the fast pass because we wanted to complete all the rides this time.

Even though we had a fast pass, we still have to wait about 2 hours to get into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. At least, the timing was much better than the last time we were here. We decided to kill some time by lining up for Shingeki No Kyojin 4D. Two of the reasons for coming to Universal Studios were - Hogwarts and Attack on Titan. We waited for almost 2 hours for this 4D ride but it wasn't really that worth it really.

So, you'll sit in a theater with movable seats and you follow Sasha (potato girl), off to kill some titans. Also, I thought they were smart to do fan service because she was mostly talking to Levi. I was happy to see Mikasa. So basically, you're swinging through the town trying to kill Annie and you can also watch Annie VS Eren. It wasn't that exciting, to be honest, but I recommend not to bother lining up for it if you're not a Shingeki No Kyojin fan.

After the ride, little sis and I went to search for the Titan statues! I was pretty impressed with the amount of detail and effort put into them. There was the titan in the wall and the titan that ate Eren's mother, still gives me nightmares.

Excuse my horrid acting.

After we were done with the titans, we went to get lunch and continued with The Amazing SpiderMan ride. We didn't have to line up for this one since we had the fast pass, it seriously saved us so much time. The waiting time was 210 minutes. After the ride, we walked around some more before heading into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. 

Yes, we were still excited when we were there. We decided to take our time exploring everything since we rushed last time. So, we slowly checked out all the shops, walked through Hogwarts castle, got some butterbeer and chilled before going on The Forbidden Journey ride. The waiting time was also over 200 minutes, so I was really relieved we bought the fast pass. Still one of the best rides. Ever.

Three Broomsticks!
Hogsmeade!
Honeydukes!
Dumbledore's office.
In The Dark Arts Classroom.

I was happy we got to get into The Wizarding World early in the day because I could take better photos this time. We went to get some food at The Three Broomsticks after the ride. The food was pretty meh. I wish theme parks would actually put in more effort into making better food but if you can rip people off, why not right? :/

This time, we also managed to go to Ollivander's! It wasn't anything special, it was just a re-act of when Harry got his wand, really. We went to Honeydukes, Zonko's, the Owlery.... I think we had more than enough time to explore all the shops. I didn't buy anything except for some Droobles and some "special" chocolate at Honeydukes.

There was a real barn owl present!



We left Hogsmeade not too long after getting some stuff. Little sis and I decided to get on the Terminator ride because we thought we didn't have to wait that long but we ended up wasting more than an hour there. The ride was shit too, it was so boring I fell asleep on the ride. Literally. I fell asleep.

There was a new addition to the theme park which was some Minion themed shops. My mom would be very happy here, haha. It was cute because they played the Despicable Me Soundtrack throughout that area. I could only imagine my mom trying hard not to laugh if I brought her here.


After leaving the Minion area, we went for our last ride, Hollywood Dreams. It was freezing when we were waiting in line. It was our turn in less than 30 minutes and little sis was pretty bummed out because this marked the end of her adventure but I told her "Hey, at least, you end it on a high note". Hollywood Dreams was fun but I wished it wasn't so cold. I think it was only 5 degrees when we got on the rollercoaster. My face froze and once we got off the ride, my eyes could not stop tearing. It was just too cold, but very fun nonetheless.

We left Universal Studios at about 7:30pm. We went to get our luggage and made our way to Shin-Osaka Station to catch the Shinkansen back to Tokyo. It was a nice way to end little sis's trip here. Both of us were so tired, we passed out on the train.

I miss little sis already but I'll be seeing her next month back in Singapore, so I'm alright. I always love traveling with her because it's easy. I still miss our 2014 trip a lot and wish we can do something so crazy like that again. Hopefully soon...but somewhere far far away from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment