Wednesday 25 November 2015

261. darkness, lynch.

On Sunday, November 22nd, was lynch.'s Dark. Darker. Darkness tour final at Tokyo Dome City Hall. It was really cold that day while we were waiting outside to get into the venue. Nicole and I didn't really bother about getting in the arena so early, so we both got our drinks and chilled for a little bit before squeezing our way to the front.

The show started exactly at 6pm, and to my surprise, with a live orchestra playing their introduction of their latest album. They opened to D.A.R.K. and it was almost the same setlist as their whole tour. I was a little bummed out because I really wanted to enjoy old songs again but they were good live that day. But... I feel like I'm dying to see all the old songs.


Setlist :

  1. INTRODUCTION (D.A.R.K. live orchestra)
  2. D.A.R.K. 
  3. ANTARES
  4. GREED
  5. BEAST
  6. NIGHT
  7. DEVIL
  8. GHOST
  9. ILLUMINATI
  10. GUILTY
  11. FALLEN
  12. MELANCHOLIC
  13. the whirl
  14. INVINCIBLE
  15. VANISH
  16. INVADER
  17. COSMOS
  18. MIRRORS
  19. THE FATAL HOUR HAS COME
  20. ALL THIS I'LL GIVE YOU
  21. pulse_
  22. MOON
ENCORE 1
  1. ETERNITY
  2. I'm sick b'cuz luv u. (RE ver)
  3. GALLOWS
  4. TIAMAT
  5. EVOKE
ENCORE 2
  1. ADORE
photos from gekirock.com

The concert hall that day was really packed, a lot of people bought tickets on the day itself. The crowd was really good today too, I finally felt like it was a lynch. show and could enjoy it but somehow, I think I enjoyed myself more in Yokohama because it was my first time seeing them play new songs. I was really happy they finally played Guilty! It's one of my new favourites. Vocals are way better live. MELANCHOLIC's lead guitar was a little soft this time round, I would have love to hear Reo's playing more clearly.

The lasers for this shows were really spectacular. Normally, they don't use much lasers at their shows but I really liked the lasers for MELANCHOLIC. I'm glad they decided to use fire again, especially on D.A.R.K. though I think fire is best used for MAZE. I expected them to put their band logo as the backdrop but they didn't this time. I really like it when they do actually.

I was surprised they played INVADER twice back to back. INVADER is one of the more fun songs and I think it'll become part of their permanent setlist. Again with fucking MIRRORS...

The last time in Saitama, a funny incident happened when MIRRORS was played because everybody was headbanging infront, and just one section at the back didn't headbang (the section where Nicole and I were standing lol), Hazuki pointed to the bunch of us and signalled to headbang but no one budged hahaha. 

This time though, I didn't realise AK was infront of me when MIRRORS was playing because now when they play MIRRORS, my face automatically go... =__= So, the whole bunch of people infront of me were headbanging and AK was right in my face. He was looking at my direction and I felt a little awkward and just smiled at him and he fucking smiled back. I was just like JESUS that is the most awkward thing I have ever experienced at a lynch. show. Nicole starting hitting me cos she saw what happened. Oh well, he is still cute. 

During MC, Hazuki announced new tour dates and it seems like they are not going to tour a lot until March and he asked 寂しいか?and I don't know why, I really felt a little sad I won't be seeing them for a while. I know, I have seen them so many times already but going to their shows have become such a big part of my life and happiness, it feels strange when I can't see them for a while. 

Hazuki changed into a white collar shirt for Eternity, I know it's a song for his late grandfather who passed away this year but I can't seem to feel anything for this song. So many girls around me started crying, some even sobbing when he was singing but I was a little... bored. Sorry, Hazuki. It's one of my least favourite lynch. songs.

I really enjoyed myself during EVOKE and ADORE. After the show, Nicole and I went for dinner because we were starving, we had curry rice and talked for a few hours. I wanted to meet her before this show but I had plans so we had to cancel a couple of times.

Next time I will be seeing lynch. are all two-man shows, MUCC x lynch., Crossfaith x lynch. I'm more excited for Crossfaith x lynch. It has been my wish for a long time to see lynch. play with a non-visual band and I'm more than happy that it is finally happening. I'm excited because I want to see how lynch. will fair with a non-visual crowd, also what their setlist and stage clothes will be like. They are nothing near the visual-ish look, they are really good live, have great energy on stage and are very engaging with the crowd. That's one of the many reasons why I love them so much. So, I'm really looking to that show. I really hope they follow Girugamesh's path and play with both non-visual and visual bands if they want to, it will make going to shows easier for me also. 

If they start playing with all the other bands I like, I will be able to see them even more often as well. I hope them playing with Crossfaith will kind of open them up to more touring ideas. Anyways, thank you Crossfaith for making this happen. I'm excited to see how my favourite band will fair next year, till then...

I love them no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment