Monday 2 November 2015

253. halloweentown

Only 365 days left to Halloween. Halloween is over and I'm bummed out, like I already said in my previous post, Halloween is my favourite time of the year.

I was pretty excited for this year since it was my first time dressing up. I didn't really plan ahead on what character to dress as, so I just went to the Cosplay shop last week to check which outfit would suit me the most and just mixed what I like together. I always wanted long purple hair, so I bought a wig and the character outfit I settled for was Fate Stay Night's Tosaka Rin. To be honest, I would actually wear her outfit on a normal day if the outfit wasn't made out of costume materials.

So, on Halloween day itself, I made my way down to Shimokita to meet up with Laura. I didn't want to wear my costume out of the house, so I brought it along to change. But I realised, as the train was getting closer and closer to Shibuya, you'll see more people all dressed up and ready for Halloween. It was pretty exciting actually.

Laura and I went for late lunch/dinner at 8jours and after our meal, I changed into my costume and we went to take some purikura. We walked around Shimokita for a while more and decided to head to Shibuya since there was nothing else to do.

It was really really crowded when we arrived in Shibuya and I was amazed with the number of people who dressed up - almost everyone.


Okay, I wanted to take a photo of Shibuya crossing but it was IMPOSSIBLE. It was so crowded, we could hardly walk. It reminded me of all the times when I went to sold out music festivals. People will be pushing their way through. We did manage to see some cute outfits along the way while trying to escape the crowd. I didn't take much photos but Laura took more with her camera.

We decided to go to Harajuku since we figured it will be less crowded.


Yay Finn and Jake!!! Excuse my derpy face in this photo but I was happy. We slowly made our way to Harajuku, on the way there was a yellow cab filled with girls dressed as Minions! They were really cute and there was music blasting from their car. Once we arrived in Harajuku, we decided to take more purikura. We took a total of 3 times that night, it's a record for me since I don't ever take purikura, haha.


After purikura, Laura decided to go to Alice on Wednesday to take more photos since she was dressed up as Alice. I have been wanting to go there but I keep forgetting to whenever I am in Harajuku. 

This guy decided to photobomb me but his outfit was funny so we took a photo anyway, haha. We walked around Harajuku somewhere and back to Takeshita where we saw some girls dressed up in goth lolita. They looked so pretty! Laura took more photos and I just stared. I really admire people who put in so much effort into their costumes, it's crazy. The details and all. 

We were both getting hungry by this time and decided to go and chill at a cafe, we just randomly popped into a cafe at Harajuku Street. Jaz joined us after that. So, it was just the three of us talking about Jaz's current crush, lol. 


We chilled at the cafe till it was about closing time and parted ways to go home. To my dismay, the train was so crowded that when I arrived at my station, I realised my entire pouch carrying my suica and house keys was missing. The string must have snapped while being entangled to someone on the train. I texted both Laura and Jaz and decided to crash at Jaz's place for the night since she lives in Shibuya.

I finally got to her place close to 2am and we talked for almost the entire night. I've missed sleepovers. I haven't had one in such a long time. The last time I stayed out all night was months ago, I don't exactly miss it but sometimes, it's fun. Also, you get closer to people when you hang out with them the whole night. I guess there's where you get your close/best friends from. 

Also, Jaz has a cat named Mochi who slept next to me the entire morning. He's really hyper and would wake me up every 2ish hours. The first time he jumped on my stomach and the second time he kept rubbing his head against my face, I had to wake up and pet him. I love cats because they're annoying pieces of shit.

We both woke up at about noon the next afternoon and she made breakfast. We got out of her house at about 2 in the afternoon and I went to my housing's main office to get new keys and she went to meet her friend. I was lucky because the office was only 5 minutes away from her apartment. So we parted ways there and I'll be seeing her in class tomorrow.

After discussing about getting a new set of keys, I grabbed my favourite coffee in Harajuku and made my way down to Ichigaya because there was a free show at Hosei University. I really wanted to see Girugamesh but I had to meet up with my housing manager at 6:30pm, so I had to leave the venue early. I only managed to watch a band I don't care about... I even forgot their name and about 15 minutes of Sailing Before The Wind's set. They were pretty impressive live, I can't wait to see them play in December again.

Still bummed I didn't get to see Girugamesh but somehow, I think I will eventually see them again. I left the university at 5:30pm and got home at 7pm, finally. 

My weekend was tiring but so much fun. Despite losing my keys, I enjoyed my time talking to Jaz so maybe it was a good thing after all. Lately my life has been so busy, I hardly have time to stop and think. I can't believe it's already November, so much has happened this year and I don't know if I'm ready to welcome the new year just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment