Tuesday 3 November 2015

254. november rain

Yes, I stole the title of this post from a Guns N' Roses song and no, this post has nothing to do with them. Yesterday was the perfect day to go see THE NOVEMBERS, it is November and it was raining. I especially love to listen to them when it's raining, it adds a certain dreaminess that I'm always intoxicated by.

After class, I had dinner with Junmin and Jihyon before heading to Shinkiba Studio Coast. It was also the perfect day to have ramen. I'm not a big fan of ramen but the gigantic bowl of ramen I ordered made me really happy.


They were playing Erik Satie as their background music when I got into the venue and it made me so sleepy because Erik Satie is my lullaby. They started playing at about 7:15pm. They opened to their a new song, I can't ever for the life of me remember any of their song titles. I know which song it is when I listen to it but just not the titles.

They played their entire new ep, and I was really happy to hear 裸のミンク live. It has been on loop for a while now. That song has a nostalgia to it, it reminds of me of the 1980s. There's a line in the song I really love because it's so cute, I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice-cream.

They didn't play much of my favourite songs, there was a couple of old songs here and there but when they played old songs, it really did bring back a lot of feelings for me. It's been a long time since I've started listening to them, actually around the same time when I discovered lynch. It is kind of amazing to see how the bands I love grow.

About 2 years ago, when I went to see THE NOVEMBERS, they were always playing in small venues though it was always sold out, I was so used to seeing them play to a smaller crowd. I won't deny that them getting more famous puts me off a bit. I'm one of those people that lose interest in something if they get more popular. The venue was about 3/4 full.

I really enjoyed them when they played fast songs, the visual effects were really pretty and their fast songs always put me in this trance state and I always lose myself in their music. It was definitely different seeing them play a big venue. I prefer their usual small shows actually.

They played for close to two hours and closed to a song which is my least favourite from them, 今日も生きたね. I know everybody claims this song is a masterpiece but I really don't care for it. While exiting the venue, we were given reprints of their very first demo. I was really happy to get it because that means my collection for their CDs is complete, until they release something new.
I didn't have the time to listen to their new mini-album until about a week ago because all my favourite bands decided to be assholes and release their albums on the same day, 7 October. lynch., Crystal Lake and THE NOVEMBERS and since I was going to see lynch. and CL first, I gave their music more attention. Also, as you already know, lynch. is always my number 1 priority.

Going to the show last night really was a nice break from all the noisy music though. As much as I love metalcore  and as I call it myうるさいmusic, I always need a break.

Also because lately, I have been losing interest in them quite a bit, their fans are really the worst. Not in a horrible bitchy way but their fans are so so so dead during their shows, it makes you feel bored which is such a shame because this band is amazing live. I decide to not care and just sway and dance to their music. Honestly, the fans do play such a big part of going to the band's shows. That's why I enjoy going to see my other bands more.

I don't know when will be the next time I will see THE NOVEMBERS but for now, I'll just listen to their music until I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment