Friday 11 December 2015

262. sugar, spice & everything nice

The last week was spent with my mom, her trip to Japan was really last minute and I hardly had time to prepare. It was just a phone call a couple of days before her arrival, my sister called and said " I booked a ticket for mummy to Japan because she misses you."

Last Tuesday on December 1st, I made my way to Narita to fetch my mom from the airport. I was really happy to see her even with such short notice. I thought she would never visit me in Japan again after her surgery so I was really glad to spend some time with her.

We took the bus back to my place, had dinner and went home. She really likes my apartment, she said it's much better than the last. The next day, we got up early and I brought her to ShiroHige's Creampuff Cafe. We went earlier in the year and she loved it, so I decided to bring her back (also because she's crazy for creampuffs).

We had an early lunch, mentaiko pasta with mushroom and lotus root and the little Totoros for dessert!


This time we shared chestnut, custard and raspberry with cream cheese.

After lunch, I bought a couple of Totoros for some of my classmates (okay, only for 4) and headed to class. I left my mom at Starbucks, I wanted her to roam around Shibuya on her own but since her head is still not so good, we decided it's best if she waits at just one place. Obviously, I rushed off to meet her after class.

We made our way to Aoyama under the rain. She really wanted to go to the Agnes.b store, it's also another of her favourite things to do in Tokyo. After shopping for a little bit, we went to A to Z Cafe for dinner. I haven't been there in a long time since I'm hardly in that area, I really do miss it. I haven't been to any cafes lately because of my busy schedule. 


After dinner, I was craving for coffee so we walked down to Roastery in Harajuku. I really miss Roastery as well because it's my favorite coffee place in Tokyo. Though, Shimokitazawa's Coffea Exlibris has the best coffee (to me), Roastery is my favorite place to chill plus the staff are really nice to me all the time. I brought H there for the first time the week before and I'm glad he likes it as well.

The rain lightened as the night progressed, so we decided to walk around Harajuku. 

My mom decided to stay in on Thursday since it was raining. She cooked dinner!!! You have no idea how happy I was, if there's any thing in the world I could eat forever is my mom's or dad's cooking. She cooked my favorite soup and chicken adobo with rice. It was good timing too, since I had a test the next day, I had time to study.

On Friday, we got up early and went to get sushi in Shibuya. The line was still long, we waited for about 45 minutes to get in. We both ordered their special December sushi set and scallops. 

After lunch, I rushed to class. My mom is slow now because she is still recovering from her surgery, so I have to hold her especially when she walks down the stairs. It does slow down everything we do. I don't mind honestly, it's just that when I have class, I have to literally run to school after I find a place where she can be for a couple of hours.

I fetched her from Starbucks after class and we went back to Shibuya for dinner. We both didn't know what to eat and I know she really wanted to go to Silkream so, we just decided to have dinner and dessert there.


After dinner, we walked to Parco for some shopping. I managed to find pants that actually suit me, I was so happy. Mom was looking for wallets and bags but didn't fancy anything. Later on, I brought her to Pablo because I wanted her to try their cheesecake. In the end, she probably bought too much souvenirs from Pablo and I had to carry all of them for the rest of the night. 

We didn't stay out to too late because mom gets tired really easily nowadays, so we left Shibuya at close to 9pm. She fell asleep so quickly once we reached home. 

If it wasn't for my mom visiting, I don't know when I'll go to my favorite cafes again. Lately, it seems like I always go to new places to eat but I'm actually the kind of person who always goes back to the same place. But then again, there's too many cafes in Tokyo to try out so... 

I've been even busier lately. I feel like December will just go by so quickly without me even realising and it'll be 2016. I don't even feel like Christmas is coming soon. I've never really liked Christmas that much anyway. Halloween over any other holiday. So much more to write, but so little time. 

The week before my mom came to visit, I met up with my darling H because he insisted that he wanted to see me. We went to the Snoopy Cafe in Tower Records one night, and the next day, he took me to a nice place for dinner since we haven't seen each other in a while. After dinner, we went to the skatepark in Harajuku because I really do like to watch him skate. This boy really does surprise me in too many ways. 

I'm happy which also shocks me because I was so set on painting and being on my own through the holidays. I'm really really really not in a festive mood this year. I might have to change plans now because of H but I'm not complaining. It would be nice to snuggle with someone on Christmas eve and countdown together. Maybe then, I'll hate Christmas a little less.

No comments:

Post a Comment