Thursday 12 November 2015

258. send my love to the dancefloor

It's official, all the bands that used to make me so happy when I was a teenager have disbanded. Even my dearest Cobra Starship. Little sis and I were just talking about them on the phone last night and a Facebook update from Gabe was posted not long after.

Cobra Starship... where do I even begin? It's so foreign and strange to me writing about them because I have never wrote about them here. But they were a really a big part of my life, and also partly why I am the person I am today.

I'm going to be completely biased and say that even though I supported them as a band, it was really only Gabe. I first met Gabe back in 2007 and he is the warmest person that I know, till today. I'm lucky enough to have hung out with him so many times, from time periods between 2007 all the way to 2012. The 2008 Australian tour with them and my (then) love,  was honestly the best time of my life. Nothing has ever come close. Gabe was my buddy on that tour and at that time, I was still struggling as a artist and as a person. He always knew how to cheer me up and encourage me to chase after my dreams. He was really supportive of my art since day 1 and I will never forget that and am eternally grateful to him because if I didn't have him at my life at that time, I probably wouldn't be drawing right now.

Cobras brought a lot of light into my life, a lot of good things came along with them. Unconditional support, my relationship with my sis got insanely better (believe it or not, we used to really hate each other), I think they were the VERY first band I lost myself in music and one of the reasons why I love music so much, I never thought I could feel so strongly for music or a band. Seeing them for the first time in 2007, I will never ever ever ever forget that day. 

I'm really sad that this chapter of my life have officially come to a close. I will really miss all those times I went to their shows, hanging backstage, drinking at bars, Gabe singing to me, teasing me and randomly calling me out of the crowd, hugging me till I can't breathe, forcing me to take photos and just being there for me. Thank you so much for everything, Gabe.

I hope we cross paths again someday, you really do have a special place in my heart. 

Cobras never say die. 


Wait no... my favorite photo is actually the one below with my sis.


P.S. It looks like I will never dance again because the only time I actually dance is when I'm at a Cobra show. I will really miss this band dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment