Friday 2 October 2015

246. the versus, lynch.

September 30th, Wednesday was lynch.'s THE VERSUS show featuring sads. I was pretty excited about this show since I haven't seen lynch. in a long time. I met Nika in Shibuya to grab lunch and we made our way to Akasaka Blitz after.

It was my first time in Akasaka but there was nothing much to do so we just waited around the venue area till it was about time to go in. To our surprise, there weren't as many people as we expected at the show. Maybe the front part of the pit was only half filled with most people standing at the back.


sads was up first and the crowd went a little crazy. I've only listened to 7 Deadly Sins album, and they didn't play much from it except for Gothic Circus. I didn't really enjoy their set honestly, I was a little bored but Hazuki came out to sing the second last song with Kiyoharu and you could tell he was happy because he loves Kuroyume.

I was surprised there were people crowdsurfing for sads's set.

sads played for over an hour and lynch. took the stage at about 8.30pm, by now I thought they would have changed their SE music but it's still GALLOWS introduction music so I was a little... bored also. I've seen them on their GALLOWS album tour probably thrice. But they opened to EXODUS, and continued with all my favourite fast songs and also did a cover of sads' song HATE.

setlist

SE - GALLOWS Opening

  1. EXODUS
  2. GREED
  3. DEVIL 
  4. HATE (sads cover)
  5. INVINCIBLE
  6. GUILLOTINE
  7. forgiven
  8. the whirl
  9. MIRRORS
  10. THE FATAL HOUR HAS COME
  11. THE BLASTED BACK BONE
  12. ALL THIS I'LL GIVE YOU
  13. pulse_ 
  14. GALLOWS
encore
  1. ADORE (feat. Kiyoharu)
  2. EVOKE
photo : barks.jp

I only headbanged to a couple of songs, I didn't really feel that into the music. The crowd for lynch. was pretty bad actually. Normally at their shows, the crowd is pretty wild and you'll feel pumped up to headbang or mosh but this crowd was pretty dead for some reason. I was waiting for people to push me and get squeezed to the front but no one was moving. 

I wanted to see them play EVOKE but they played it last and by that time, the band was already tired and Hazuki was mostly out of breath. The only highlight of the show was probably AK looking better since he let his hair grow out. He's still cute but lately, I can't unsee that he really resembles someone. My mind was somewhere else throughout the later half of their set. 

Kiyoharu also came out to sing ADORE but honestly... brutally honest, he butchered the song and I didn't enjoy it at all. Hazuki seems to be happy though, so I'll just leave it at that. 

After the show, Nika and I went to get dinner in Shibuya again and we both agreed that dinner was more fun than the actual show. 

I don't know if I'm slowly losing interest in them or maybe this show just wasn't that good. I look forward to the next time I see them because by then, they will play new songs already. Hopefully the new album will be good, I have my own doubts though. 

I still love them, but I feel myself changing direction in my music taste. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment