Saturday 3 October 2015

247. n n n

I just realised, for the last couple of days I have been meeting up with friends that names start with the letter N. Nika, Nana, Nan.

On Thursday, I met up with Nana in Kichijoji. It was her last day in Tokyo and I haven't seen her for a year so I decided to meet her for dinner. It was kind of funny because she arrived in Tokyo the day I flew back to Singapore. At least we found some way to meet up. I brought her to Cafe Zenon for dinner but I was the only one eating because she had a really heavy lunch.

This was my second time at Cafe Zenon, I found it online on my way home from class one day and decided to check it out. I really love the decor for the cafe. It's actually a manga cafe but I think most people don't really go there to read manga. The cafe is kind of huge too and the prices are affordable. I like their seafood pasta but I decided to try their Vietnamese Pad Thai that day and it was pretty good.


Nana and I decided to stay at the cafe a little longer because it was raining. I got hot chocolate and Yamanaka pudding for dessert! The pudding was good. We were just catching up on our lives and I'm glad she found a job because it's more difficult for her to. She's visually handicapped (not blind), so she's working at a company for the disabled and she gives speeches now in schools which I thought really suits her personality. I have known her for a long time, 11 years. All this time my friends and I have never treated her like a disabled person because she doesn't want us to. 


We walked around Kichijoji after, and she did some last minute shopping and we just talked as we roamed around. We parted ways at close to 10pm since she still had to pack her luggage. I don't know when I will see her again but I hope she does well at her new job.

On Friday, I met up with Nan. We actually planned to go to a Ghost themed izakaya called Ghost Bar Yurei Izakaya but once we got there, we were too freaked out by the music playing outside and there was a scary doll (think The Ring) hung at the entrance, we actually went in to look and walked out again because the stairs looked creepy as well. We both chickened out. 

Okay, I'm actually really scared of horror themed anything and even movies after watching The Tale of Two Sisters, I'm easily afraid of anything related to horror except games. We thought it'll be better if we went in a big group instead, which I think will never happen.

We both didn't know where to go so we decided to walk to Inokashira Park. There's an izakaya that always have a line but surprisingly this time it didn't so we decided to try it. We were seated immediately and we ordered sashimi, dumplings, grilled pork and yakitori. The food here was really good. I'm tired of always going to that one izakaya in Shibuya, so this was a really nice change. Also, we got the view of the park.

We just talked for a good two hours and after that went to walk off the food at the park and went home. 

Both days were short outings but I really enjoyed them. I only have 3 days left of my vacation so I'm going to spend it at home. This two week vacation was really well spent, I got to see my family, go to Osaka, see lynch. and spend time with friends. 

Looks like I will be busy for the rest of the year actually. There are a couple of things that I plan to do, a ton of shows to attend, not to forget I will be busy with school work again when classes begin. But I'm looking forward to the last 3 months of 2015, especially cooler weather.

P.S. All the halloween decorations and things they are selling in stores are killingggg me. Halloween is my favourite holiday (though, it's not really a holiday).



No comments:

Post a Comment