Sunday 25 October 2015

251. amity

Since the last couple of days have been so busy going to shows and studying for tests, it's nice to finally have time to myself over this weekend and just stay home, chill and watch some movies. Netflix has finally arrived in Japan and I'm enjoying my dose of long awaited (not really) relaxing time.

On Wednesday, I met up with Laura after class since we both wanted to check out Yoshitomo Nara's Shallow Puddles exhibition at Blum & Poe. It's an exhibition worth checking out, I really liked most of the pieces. I just wished they sold some merchandise for the exhibition.


We didn't do much but grabbed some burgers for dinner, went to Tower Records and talked for hours. It was a nice chill evening. After all my running off after classes to catch shows in far-off places, it was nice to have some chill time. 

On Friday, I went for dinner with Nan and Duke to get some chicken rice. But first, we walked to Tokyo Dome since it's so near to my school just for fun and got on the Ferris Wheel. I'm still afraid of heights, so I didn't take any photos, haha.

We made our way to get dinner close to 7pm. I was really happy since by now, everyone knows how I much I love chicken rice. My favourite chicken rice stall in Singapore recently opened a restaurant near Tamachi Station, and since I have been craving for South-east Asian food this week, it was perfect timing. The food I would say is 90% the same as Singapore's, I orderd Sambal Kang Kong (a type of South-east Asian vegetable, one of my favourites), dumpling soup, a quarter of steamed chicken with yes, chicken rice! 

Minus 10 points because the chilli and sambal is not as as spicy as Singapore's but what can I expect because not a lot of people in Japan can handle spicy food. I on the other hand, miss it a lot. Since living in Japan, my intake of chilli has lessened. Everytime I go back to Singapore, mum makes belachan for me. It's a type of paste with garlic, shrimp and bird's eye chilli grounded into a paste, occasionally I will squeeze lime to mix. 

The food was quite pricey, but it was expected. The three of us just talked about our lives and Nan mostly talking about her new pet, Octopus - Yuuki-chan. She's the first person I know that has a pet octopus. We parted ways at about 9-ish and I walked down to Tokyo Tower.

I got home close to 11pm and couldn't wait to get to bed without worrying about homework or any tests the next day. I always reward myself with a nice bath at the end of the week. This week's lush bomb special is Shooting To The Stars.


I'm glad I had the whole weekend to myself and just chill at home. Next weekend is Halloween and I can't wait to dress up. I already have an idea of what I want to wear, I hope it will be executed nicely. Can't wait since it's my first time dressing up for Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment