Tuesday 2 June 2015

221. high tide, low tide

When Marnie Was There (2014)

Lately I've been feeling really worn out, I guess it's because I'm out almost everyday going to class, hanging out after class and on the weekends I make plans to do more. I've been going in and out of episodes of not wanting to talk to anyone at all and that's completely normal. I feel exhausted being around people and I just want a peace of mind. Little sis sent me this article about introverts the other day and it's 10000% me. We're both the same, so she understands how I feel. 

There was an earthquake on Saturday when I was out with the guys and we got stuck in Shibuya for the entire night because the trains stopped entirely, only a couple of train lines were working but none that goes to my place. I was so tired from the weekend, I overslept today and missed class. But it's a good thing because I really felt like I wanted to be alone and I managed to paint again, so I'm happy.

Also, I finally watched Studio Ghibli's last film, When Marnie Was There. I really enjoyed it because I could relate to the main character Anna and sometimes, I wonder what it's like to really move away from the city and live by the country side just for a little bit. Even though I am such a city girl, recently I've been having this urge to move away to somewhere more peaceful and quiet. Even being away from the things I love would be okay just for a little bit.

I actually liked the idea of the story, whether or not (*spoiler*) Marnie was actually a ghost or really just something Anna made up entirely from her memories. This film actually helped me get on track again with painting because it really helped me relax my mind. 

I can't believe it's already June. Which means it' summer. I hate it and am counting down to winter already. So much has happened in the first half of the year but I have a feeling the later half of the year is going to be more crazy. I can't wait to get my visa and start buying more things for this lovely apartment.

思い出のマーニー (2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment