Thursday 25 June 2015

226. iii

Princess Tuvstarr and the Fishpond
John Bauer, c.1913
Sketchbook 5
Nomi Chi, c. 2012
Nervosa
James Jean, c. 2012

Some inspiration, I've been trying to get back into painting since I have a two week break but it's proving to be harder than I thought. Lately, I've been looking more into ink work or pieces that have more details. I'm trying to break out of my current style because I'm tired of the "too perfect" look. I want to draw more loosely, some loose lines here and there. I always get bored halfway through painting if the work is too detailed or I feel strained from painting a certain thing for too long so now I am setting something easier for myself. I'm trying to marry some loose lines with my current girls, it's hard but I think I would figure something out once I get the hang of it. 

I feel like its a start of another new chapter as well, with everyone leaving. I don't really think or wonder about what is going to happen next but just go with the flow. Today was a nice day out with Laura, just chilling on the terrace and then meeting new people. I feel like I always need to have in depth conversations with people to keep my inspiration flowing as well, I can't handle shallow talk. 

I plan to watch more films, experiment more and hopefully get some work done before class starts again. 

PS. I have also been watching too much Adventure Time lately. Marceline the Vampire Queen is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment