Sunday 7 June 2015

222. grey skies, foxes and guns

I'm so glad it is rainy season in Japan. The heat was getting unbearable for me but the weather now is nice and chill again. Though it might be kind of annoying that it'll rain so much for the next month, but I'd chose rain any day over heat.

It was really cloudy today but there would be sunshine every once in a while. I met up with Mo today in Kichijoji in the afternoon and we went to reserve places at the Cat Cafe then walked to the park. Recently, I have been talking to Mo a lot and we get along really well so I'm kind of bummed he is going back in about two weeks from now. I will have one less friend to hang out with.

First, we went to the Inoshikara Park Zoo, it was just a small one and the entrance fee was cheap so we decided to check it out, it was only 320 yen per person. The only reason why I wanted to go was also because I really like Fennec Foxes and I haven't seen any in real life. Since it was a small zoo, there were not many "exotic" animals. Mostly local and finally saw tanuki (raccoon dog) up close. They also had several barn owls (I love), monkeys, wild cats and penguins. The squirrel enclosure was pretty nice, there were squirrels running around, climbing trees and eating nuts, so it was really nice to see that.

(There were a ton of Fennec Foxes, just that this was my best photo)
Also... this squirrel was really hilarious for some reason.

It didn't take too long to finish walking around the zoo. We didn't get  to go to the Aquatic Life Zoo which had some aquatic animals and local birds. By the time we got there (our ticket covered both zoos), it was already closed. So we just decided to walk by the pond. The weather today was perfect to go to the park actually and there were people rowing boats. My last boat rowing experience was funny though. 

We roamed around some little streets near the park, did some shopping and went to EA shooting bar. We had to reserve slots, so we chose the 9pm slot and went for dinner. After dinner, we went back to the Cat Cafe. Luckily, we went back after 7pm so we paid half the actual price. Being back at the Cat Cafe reminded me of Gerald, I haven't spoken much to him since he left Japan last October. I do miss hanging out with him. It's strange, all the guys I really liked hanging out with are only here for a short while, which honestly makes me kinda sad. Though I still love my girl friends more but it's nice to have a mix.

This time, most of the cats were sleeping. The staff were nice enough to carry some of the cats to other parts of the cafe, so everyone could get a chance to interact with them. These two cats were the funniest of the day :


I didn't notice this last time I was here, but there is a small door on one of the main entrance doors and cute paw prints. In love. I love cats too much.


It was raining once we were out of the Cat Cafe, we slowly made our way down to the shooting bar since it was close to 9pm. They had a bar but we chose to have a table instead. They handed us menus for the guns we would like to use, drink and food. There was a huge range of guns to choose from and there was even a pink one called "Femme Fatale". There were pistols, handguns, machine guns, magnums and riffles. It made me feel like I was actually playing Resident Evil minus the zombies. Mo suggested for a beginner I should choose a handgun. 

So we ordered drinks and waited for it to be our turn. The bar was decorated with tons of guns of course. None of them are real by the way. 

Spot the pink gun!

Once we stepped into the shooting range, we had to wear protective eyewear and the staff would instruct us on how to use the gun. It was really fun and I enjoyed it. Mo was having too much fun with the machine gun, haha. After we finished, we just chilled there until 11ish. I was sending photos to my sister while we were there and I can't wait till she visits. We went home after that. 

Today was really fun and honestly, if it wasn't for some of my classmates I wouldn't have found other cooler and more interesting things to do in Tokyo. As if I was even bored with Tokyo to begin with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment