Friday 19 June 2015

224. where the clock chimes

It's already Friday. Today is going to be the last day of class and it feels bittersweet. The last couple of days was spent hanging out with friends. Monday I was hanging out with Mo, and we didn't plan to talk for so long since we had exams the next day but we ended up talking since class ended to almost midnight. We actually stood infront of Shibuya Station just talking for more than 2 hours.

Tuesday I met up with Nicole after not seeing her for more than a month, it was nice to catch up with her and talk about our favorite band. Wednesday was Mo's birthday and I met up with one other girl I have been talking to a lot from class, Nan, to get a cake for him. After class was spent at a nice cafe having taco rice with several other classmates.

Today Mo and I decided to not stay in Shibuya and I brought him to Shimbashi because I know that he's a big steam punk and ghibli fan. There's a gigantic clock designed by Hayao Miyazaki sitting on the wall of Nippon TV headquarters and I thought it was a good idea for him to see it before he leaves. The name of the clock is literally Hayao Miyazaki's Really Big Clock. We arrived just in time to catch the performance, the clock would move and there would be lights and music. I was glad to see it again after 3 years. Funny enough, the last time I saw it was also on a rainy day. Thankfully, it was just cloudy when we were there today.


After that, we roamed around Shimbashi and Nippon TV store before heading towards Hamamatsucho. I always say this and I'll say it again, I love going to Hamamatsucho because it reminds me of all the times I've came to Tokyo before deciding to live here. Mo is the same, he told me loves Hamamtsucho as well because he used to stay at a hotel near the station. So going there made him happy and nostalgic. I'm glad someone can understand how I feel about that place. We decided to go to Devilcraft for pizza since we were in the area and I'm glad we did, it was worth getting lost for, haha.


This time I got the mushroom and sausage pizza, he got the vegetarian, and we shared fries. Soooo goood. My tummy was definitely happy. The first time I came was with Laura almost 2 months ago and since then I've been wanting to come back.

We chilled for a little bit and walked down to Tokyo Tower, then to Roppongi. It was a nice chill night out. We were just talking about a ton of rubbish and it was fun. Like I already said, I'm going to miss him when he leaves. Even though it's always Otchiko, Remi, him and me, I talk to him and spend more time with him. As I write this, there's a strange kind of loneliness already starting to creep in. 

It's definitely going to be bittersweet because at the same time, I do want time on my own. My mind has been going in and out of it lately and there's so many things running through my head. Sometimes, my mind goes completely blank during conversations with him, or even other people that I enjoy being around with. I could be just tired and need some time to myself but I really don't know because some things have been bothering me lately. That's why I'm glad we have a two week break. 

I can just stay home, cook, relax and unwind. Also, the most important thing - paint.  


No comments:

Post a Comment