Friday 26 December 2014

188. caves and christmas


This Christmas was really different again compared to the usual of staying at home and counting down, last year's one was pretty special and this year's was no different. I cooked dinner on Christmas eve and counted down and had cheesecake again because someone bought a really huge one. 

Christmas afternoon was spent showing mom around Kamakura. She was excited looking out the window on the train on our way there because I told her about a huge Goddess of Mercy Statue at Ofuna Station. Once we got to Kamakura, we had lunch at a nearby restaurant and after that I brought her to Hokokuji Temple and the bamboo grove to have matcha, I'm glad she liked it. After that, we took the bus back to the station and walked to Zeniarai Benten Shrine because I saw it on Laura's blog and wanted to go since I haven't been there. It was about a 20 minute walk through the residential area and up a steep hill before getting to the mouth of a cave.

You have to go through it to get to the shrine, once we got to the shrine, mom wasn't really in the mood to do anything so we just looked around. We didn't wash money in the shrine either, haha. Now when I think about it, we kinda went up for no reason but it was still nice to see something different in Kamakura because I have been there 4 times. 

We went to Daibutsu, Giant Buddha last. I got a marron and vanilla mixed flavored ice cream. So gooood! She spent quite a while at the Giant Buddha. Once she was done, I took a couple of photos for her then we went to through the shopping street. There wasn't much to look at, I still only like the Ghibli shop there.

I slept on the one hour train ride back to Tokyo. I was more excited about dinner than going to Kamakura but we'll save that for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment