Thursday 18 December 2014

184. fifty-nine

My mom arrived in Tokyo in the evening of 15th December, just in time to celebrate her birthday. On the 16th, which is the eve of her birthday, I brought her to Odaiba to go to the onsen since it was pouring. We didn't expect it to rain so hard but it did and it was really hard to walk around. We still managed to go to most of the places I wanted to show her and I'm really glad she liked Venus Fort and my favorite shop, Strange Love. Also... why am I always in Odaiba when Dir en grey is having a show?

We went to the Oedo onsen later in the evening and you could tell she was happy. She's like any other girl (in this case, lady), she loves spa treatments and such. She hasn't been going to an onsen for a couple of years now since hasn't been in Japan for 3 years. We spent a couple of hours there, she especially liked the foot bath.

On the actual day of her birthday, I brought her to the Totoro Cream Puff Factory for lunch but unfortunately, the cream puffs were already sold out by the time we got there. So we just had salad and pasta for lunch. I really love the pasta there and am glad she did too. After lunch, I brought her to get amazing coffee that little sis loves in Shimokita. She was so funny saying she trusts my sis's judgement. She got Brazilian coffee while I got Costa Rica. And... yes, she loved the coffee. This is proof :


After coffee, we made our way to Shibuya and since there were no cream puffs, I decided to bring her to silkream! She instantly fell in love with the parfait (like everyone else), she was so happy nibbling the mille-feuille together with the soft cream. We actually sat at the same sofa I did for my birthday. Since it was so cold and windy outside, we decided to stay at the cafe for a long time. Once we got ready for dinner, I brought her to Wired Cafe in Tsutaya for taco rice! She liked it too so I was happy. I kept asking her after that if she enjoyed her birthday and she said she did because of food, hahaha. 

My mom is going to be here for the next month and honestly I am worried of how it would work out, especially when I want to go out with friends because she doesn't speak the language and there's nothing to do at home. We'll see how things go. 

The last couple of days have been really busy and chaotic, I actually find the difference between the chaos and the quiet time with mom pretty hilarious. It's like I'm with her and it's all peaceful but my mind is still stuck on Sunday at Crystal Lake's show, the contrast is funny. Thankfully we are planning to stay in today. I'm so happy that she's going to cook dinner!

Lately I've been listening to FKA Twigs while painting and it's been the most peaceful feeling ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment