Tuesday 23 December 2014

186. winter lights

 

Yesterday I brought my mom to Hamamatsucho for lunch, it was pretty nostalgic as usual. I always love the area around Hamamatsucho Station because it always reminds me of all my trips to Tokyo. It also was pretty nostalgic for her since she stayed at Tokyo Prince the first time we were in Tokyo. I showed her Zojoji Temple and we went to the cafe next to it for lunch. Little sis actually suggested I bring her there because I'm always buying jam or bread spreads for her from that cafe. She's a sucker for anything pastry related.

We spent quite a while at the cafe because she was picking out jams and spreads for my aunts. In the end, she spent almost $70 just on freakin bread spreads. Well, at least our shopping for relatives are done now. After that, we slowly walked to Roppongi from Tokyo Tower as the sun was setting. I wanted to bring her to Tokyo Midtown because of the Christmas Illuminations. She has been asking me to bring her to Nabana No Sato but that is too far... it's actually near Nagoya, in Kuwana. So, I thought this was a good alternative. 

The illuminations were actually prettier than I expected it, obviously it's nowhere near Nabana No Sato's beauty, but it was good enough. The light show called "Starlight Garden" was rather impressive and I'm glad she enjoyed herself. I recorded the whole show to send it to my little sis and dad and they were jealous, haha. 

After the light show, we went shopping in the galleria area and she ended up buying a pair of sunglasses and earrings. We didn't know what to have for dinner, so I googled some restaurants nearby and Hainan Chicken Rice came up on the suggested list and I was so excited because I haven't had chicken rice in forever and if you know me, I'm always, always eating chicken rice in Singapore. It's my number go to dish whenever I'm back there. 

We followed google maps and actually, the restaurant was just next to the Starbucks we usually go to in Roppongi Hills, it was hidden though, behind a parking lot. But still, I was so excited for it and it was actually really good! I'm impressed that it could be that standard and they were generous with the sauces. I was so happy. 

After dinner, we went to Starbucks because I wanted their Snow Maple Toffee Latte, it's a Christmas special. Mom agreed that it's pretty good for Starbucks standard, my whole family are snobs when it comes to coffee. Finishing off our cheesecake, we went to walk around Roppongi Hills and there were some more illuminations. There was a cute Chritsmas Market in Roppongi Hills and we went to look at some of the ornaments because it was too cute, we didn't do much but just walked around until it was late enough to head home. 

So far, it's been pretty fun to bring mom around Tokyo and show her places little sis and I usually go to. I've already brought her to Silkream, Shirohige, A to Z, Wired Cafe, Coco-ichiban Curry House, Coffea Exlibris and The Roastery and even had beef rice bowls the other day for dinner and I'm more the relieved she is loving everything.

Tonight I will have a little break and hang out with friends. I can't believe it's gonna be Christmas in 2 days. I have some nice plans and hopefully it'll fall through but other than that, I'm so stoked for lynch.'s 10th birthday at Studio Coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment