Friday 5 December 2014

182. hate to see your heart break

I can't believe it's already December, this time last year I was going around Tokyo in the cold air with my heart, empty. The only thing that kept me alive was my best friend and my favorite band. This year is a little different, actually a lot different. During the entire year, there were so many ups and downs. As the seasons changed, I did too. It's weird now thinking back on all the things that have happened this year. All the amazing experiences, places and people I have met.

If you told me then, I would have someone I truly cared about, someone I could wake up to and someone who would be keeping my hands warm in this cold air, I would have laughed at you. Believe me when I say I am the last person on earth who thought these feelings were impossible for me to have again. I don't know how long this is going to last, but for what it's worth, I'm just really happy he happened. I'm glad I got to spend my first few days of December with him, even with everything is still so unclear for the both of us, I am happy that he's with me.

This song has been on loop since we both were talking last night, and it's going to repeat until I fall asleep tonight...


And I, I hate to see your heart break
I hate to see your eyes get darker as they close
But I've been there before

No comments:

Post a Comment