Sunday 24 November 2013

110. in the sky with diamonds, nagoya ii

On Wednesday, Yuri and I woke up early and went to get breakfast at Komeda's Coffee. I didn't know anything about Komeda's but Yuri was telling me about how EYA goes there all the time and she wanted to try it while in Nagoya because it originated from there.


It was surprisingly good! I ordered a normal burger and cinnamon coffee. I love cinnamon, so. Haha. We also shared a coffee jelly parfait, that was good too. 

After breakfast, we went to find 8Ball Tattoo studio since I wanted to get a tattoo for such a long time, I thought Nagoya would be a good place to start since my tattoo is lynch. - related and they are from here. Yuri was already telling me about tattoo artists from Nagoya when we were still in Tokyo, so I decided to look them up before we arrived here.

It didn't take too long to find the studio and once we got there, we immediately felt awkward when one of the guys was trying to help us. It didn't help that we couldn't understand his accent either, haha. To be perfectly honest, I was always scared to go to a tattoo studio on my own because the guys look intimidating but I was happy Yuri was with me because one of the tattoos artists, named Yashin who Yuri follows on instagram recognised her and came out from his studio to talk to us. 

He was really friendly and nice and already knew we were just gonna be in Nagoya for a few days, so Yuri was helping me explain the tattoo I wanted and he managed to fit me into his schedule for the next morning, since my tattoo was small. 

After that, since I can't speak Japanese that well, he chatted with Yuri for a bit. He was giving us his business cards and stickers! I love stickers so I was glad he gave us some, haha. He asked us what we were planning to do and we told him we wanted to go to Nabana No Sato, and he told us it was really pretty over there but soooo cold. And erm, Yuri and I were wearing sleeveless dresses and we looked at each other and showed Yashin that what we were wearing and he was so funny, and freaked out for us. Haha. 

After some more small talk, we left the tattoo studio and got on the train to Kuwana from Nagoya Station. It took about 40 minutes to get to Kuwana, but I love the scenery on the way there, since we were heading to a rural area.


Once arriving in Kuwana, we took a cab to Nabana No Sato. We were thinking if we should take a bus because it'll be cheaper but gave up on that idea because we were scared to get lost. It didn't take long to get there, about 10 minutes. Once we got there, we were greeted with the trees ready for fall. They were so pretty! The ones in Tokyo have yet to change color, so I was really happy seeing these.



The sky was so pretty that day too, the clouds were all pink and fluffy like marshmallows.  After walking around for a bit, we were getting hungry so Yuri decided to get a meat bun since we saw people walking around with it. I didn't get anything in the end since I wasn't really that hungry just yet. We were just sitting around waiting for the sun to set. 

When it got dark, all the lights literally looked like diamonds twinkling in the sky. It was sooooo pretty and magical, I was happy that I went with Yuri because she was the one that found this place online. 


While walking through the light tunnel, I decided to take out my polaroid camera since it was so bright in there. We were happily taking taking photos on my camera until I ran out of film. I'm glad I brought my polaroid camera along, if not I would be totally kicking myself. 


We walked around for an hour or so when it was dark. They even had an onsen at Nabana No Sato because it's actually a resort in Nagashima island. I really wanted Yuri to try the feet onsen but we couldn't find it on our way out. So we just left because it was getting so cold and my fingers were so numb after all the walking.

We took a cab back again to Kuwana Station and arrived in Nagoya at about 7ish. We went to get cake and sweets at Nagoya Station! 


I got this cute ducky and I had no idea what it is. But it was so good. It's like a sponge cake but filled with pudding <3 and the little things that make the ducky's face were milk chocolate. After our sweets, we headed back to Sakae Station since Yuri was going to meet up with one of her friends in Nagoya. 

I headed back to the hotel and had a warm bath because I felt like I was falling sick. I couldn't stop sneezing and my throat was really hurting. So I stuffed orange juice down my throat and tried to sleep before she got back, but alas, me and insomnia. Insomnia is my really good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment