Saturday 23 November 2013

109. an illusion, nagoya

On Tuesday, Yuri and I left for Nagoya. It was such a relief to get out of busy and crowded Tokyo. I know I have said so many times that I love Tokyo but staying here is another thing. I love coming to Tokyo on a holiday but I don't think I could live here forever, it would probably drive me insane or to my grave.

We left Shinagawa Station close to 12 in the afternoon and arrived in Nagoya at about 2-ish and we passed by Mount Fuji on the way. It was nice to see it with snow unlike the last time I went. -___- Once we arrived in Nagoya, we immediately went to Sakae Station to check into our hotel. Also, after checking in, we (almost) immediately headed to Kamimaezu Station to get to Club Zion. We didn't want to get lost and not find the show's venue.



Club Zion was too easy to find, once you get out of the station's exit, it's right in front of it. We went to walk around and decided to get pizza since Yuri knew of this place near the venue with good pizza. It was located in an alley way but when we found it, it was closed. So we settled for Taco rice since I was craving it last week! There were so many vintage toy shops and old record/music shops in the alley I thought was cool because it really reminded me of Melbourne.



Surprisingly, the Taco rice in Nagoya was so cheap and it was so good.


After our meal, we went to wander around the alley ways where I went into a few of the vintage toy shops but Yuri got freaked out. Hahaha, I don't blame her, most people do. I honestly find the toys creepy too but I love looking at them. We went around until it was almost time to get into the show's venue. 

I thought the fans in Nagoya would be different but they are the same as in Tokyo. -__- And with DEATHGAZE being a heavier sounding band (they are metal), I thought there would be more guys but no, there wasn't even that many guys at the live. I loved the fact that they were playing Pantera before the bands took the stage. Mouth of War will always remind me of lynch. Because the very first time I saw them, that was their opening SE.

I thought EAT YOU ALIVE would take the stage first but it ended up being DEATHGAZE and I was kind of bummed out standing in the back but thankfully, the venue was small so I could see the band clearly.

They played most of the stuff I loved like RING THE DEATH KNELL, killing floor, paranoid parade, domestic pig #1013 and リヒトゾイレ. I got kind of annoyed that I fell down during one of the songs because I had sprained my ankle before even getting to the train station in the morning and it was hurting so bad after I fell, I decided to not headbang anymore. 

Ai's voice is sooo good live. He sounded so good and I love the energy they had on stage, and I thought he was so funny spitting water on the fans. Literally, he aimed at a person and just continued spitting, like wtf. I'm so glad I didn't stand in front because honestly, to be covered in Ai's spit? No. 

They played for an hour and after they ended my whole head was dying. So Yuri and I left the stage area for a while and took a smoke before getting back in. 

EAT YOU ALIVE took the stage at about close to 8pm. I was impressed with them this time around because they were especially good at this live. And I love how much the fans were enjoying themselves and into the music, the fans in Nagoya are definitely more hardcore than the ones in Tokyo. They only made me enjoy the music more. Ai came out to sing with Hiro near the ending of the show. I didn't know some songs since I've stopped listening to them after Sick.

After EYA ended, Yuri and I rushed out of the venue because we didn't want to squeeze with other people to get our stuff and getting out of the venue. I got a DEATHGAZE shirt too, I'm so happy with it because I love their album art for DECADE.


Once outside, we had a smoke and DEATHGAZE's crew was loading their equipment onto the van. EYA walked out of the venue after that, and to my fucking surprise, AK was with Ryohei. AK, like fucking AK bassist of my fucking favorite band, lynch. 

I was freaking out and contemplating if I should go up to talk to him because I told myself I would never want to meet lynch. (long story). After getting some encouragement from Yuri, I went up to AK and actually talked to him. He was so nice and he bent over to hear what I was trying to tell him and he was smiling the entire time. I wasn't that nervous until I couldn't convey what I wanted to say since my Japanese isn't that good and it doesn't help that Ryohei was staring at me. I got even more nervous with Ryohei staring, my Japanese literally flew out of the window and I called Yuri to helped me.

AK was nice enough to wait for her to come over and she helped me tell him what I wanted to and he was so sweet saying thank you and stuff like that. I just thought he was so cute in person. I already think he's cute but he's even cuter in person (not on stage) and never in a million years would I think I would be able to meet anyone from lynch. 

After he left, I was freaking out and hugging Yuri because I couldn't even believe what just happened. After a few more smokes, we decided to get back to Sakae Station. It was still too early and so we decided to get some food and walked around for a bit. I'm was so happy I felt like I was annoying because I couldn't stop talking about AK. ><

Even though it was really cold out that night, we decided to get ice-cream to end our day. We got berry cheesecake ice cream at this little place near our hotel where we talked some more, mostly about guys and life. I never talk to anyone about guys because they don't get me but I love Yuri because she totally understands how I feel about things. I'm just so glad she was with me.

After ice cream, we were still talking in her room until 3am. When I got back to my room, I still couldn't sleep. I guess I was too happy. The entire time before getting to Nagoya, I was hoping for a tiny miracle (nothing to do with bands or whatsoever, just for myself). But just as I thought I needed another miracle, lynch. and Yuri are already my tiny miracles.

1 comment:

  1. ;_____; <3 that last sentence just totally made me emotional.
    Honestly, I was so happy to be with you, and you weren't annoying me :]
    I seriously thought it was cute how happy you were <3
    I wish we could relive it </3

    ReplyDelete