Wednesday 23 December 2015

265. divine i

So much have happened over last week that my brain still can't process everything. A chapter of my life has come to a close, while another one is just beginning. Last week was made up of going to shows and friends and it was bittersweet. To think about it all and to sum it all in one post wouldn't be enough.

The beginning of last week was nothing but tiring, I had my final exams and I was so tired every day since I stay up late to study. It was my last paper on Tuesday thankfully, because In Hearts Wake's first headliner in Japan was happening that night. I celebrated with my friends that our semester was finally over for a little while before heading to the show in Shinjuku.

I walked in as FOAD was playing and met up with Laura and talked to the band for a little bit. Sailing Before The Wind was next and I enjoyed their set. I always see Bitoku around at all the shows so it nice to finally see his band play. I didn't bother much about the next band so I walked out to take a smoke. Bumped into Hayato, whom I haven't seen since August, on the way out, and he introduced me to his friend that just came back from Melbourne. Also was talking to Ryo while waiting for Victim of Deception to play. This guy is too popular, there was a small line of people waiting to take photos with him. =_=

I didn't really like Victim of Deception's set because they're a deathcore band, so I chilled outside again before heading back in. Once back in, I was just talking to Laura and Goodsound while waiting for In Hearts Wake to start. They opened to Earthwalker and immediately got me pumped. I have been listening to them for a while now (thanks to Laura), and really like their music so I was pretty excited to see them. I was really glad they played Healer and Survival, those are my favorites by them.



They're good live and have great energy on stage. Jake's vocals are stronger live than on the album, I really like Kyle's cleans. It's just the right about of whiny for me and I think his voice has this "soul grabbing" feel to it. Wildflower and Departures were probably the best of the night. Ryo (Crystal Lake vocalist), came out to perform Skydancer with In Hearts Wake. Ryo was right about In Hearts Wake, they are やばいすぎ.

After the show ended, I hung around to talk to the band and some friends before heading home. It was a nice way to end my finals, I choose to go to a show anytime over drinking. It always so nice and refreshing to watch a foreign band. Like I already said, as much as I love the local music scene here, in Japan, sometimes, I get sick of it too. It's a good thing there are many foreign acts always flying into Japan, so there will be breaks in between.

I thought I liked In Hearts Wake but after seeing them live, I like them way more. I was so glad this was not my only time seeing them, I still had Crystal Lake's tour final to watch them again which will be in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment