Monday 28 December 2015

268. needle and thread

Lately, I have been noticing an increase of hand embroidery artists. I've been enjoying what these artists can illustrate with just a needle and thread, these are my favorite artists :



I stumbled upon Irem Yazici on instagram and instantly fell in love with her quirky pieces. She not only makes artwork but also does wearable hand embroidered art. Rings, coin purses, collars and brooches are just a few things she makes. 

Photos from her instagram @baobaphandmade or you can buy some of her little creations at baobaphandmade.etsy.com


I've been following Adipocere for months now, also an instant love at first sight when I saw his work. He's most known for sewing onto his skin. I wasn't that surprised when I found out that he's from Melbourne. I mean, Melbourne is actually kind of gloomy and that's why I love it.

His work is a total opposite of the first artist I mentioned in this post, his work is much darker and to me, it seems like he works around more occult imagery. I really enjoyed reading this interview



All images from adipocere.com.au and give him a follow @adipocere on instagram if you're into darker things like me.

----
I've been trying to get into my drawing mood because I really want to make some things and really, really start taking myself and my art more seriously. I also want to start making my own merchandise so I've been drawing up some simple designs, but it's been tough. I'm really not good at drawing simple things since I'm so used to detailed and intricate. 

I've really missed staying up till the sun rises and waking up when it's already dark outside. Watching films and finding inspiration through the night, pushing myself to do something different each time. Life right now is really quiet and peaceful and I'm enjoying it a lot.

The only person I've hung out with over the past week is H and I'm happy. I can't wait for 2016 to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment