Friday 25 December 2015

267. behind the doors

Last weekend was spent hanging out with Laura and seeing friends. It was such an eventful week for the both of us, we were dealing with post-emotions. I don't know a better word for it.

On Saturday, I made my way down to Ikebukuro KINGSX to check out SikTh and met Yuuri in the live house. She was nice and introduced me to a bunch of her friends and a girl named Chie who could speak English really well after living abroad for a couple of years. The opening band was Harvest, who I've never heard of and I was just watching them on the small screen in the drinking area while talking to Yuuri's friends.

Once Harvest was finished with their set, we went into the stage area. It was so packed and hot, there were too many people. I found Laura before SikTh started their set and I tried watching a couple of songs. Since KINGSX has a low ceiling, I could barely see the band play. They sounded good, but I wish I could have seen the stage. Yuuri came out to perform with them halfway and I actually like the song she sang with them.

I left after a while since it was getting hard to breathe. Got myself a beer and waited for Laura. The show was over in about 45 minutes after Laura came out of the stage area, saying it was too hot and stuffy in there. We hung around the live house for a little bit, talked to the band and went to find Yuuri backstage before heading out.


The next day, I met up with Laura again in Shinjuku because she was going to leave Japan for 2 weeks. We just decided to chill and talk and catch up on everything that happened in the last week. We went to Shinjuku Anti-knock close to midnight to say hi to a couple of friends since they were having a show that day. They were all packing up their equipment by the time we got there. Didn't hang around for too long since I didn't want to miss my last train home. 

I also realised I hardly take photos... I should actually take more. It's not a habit of mine to take photos with friends unless they ask. 

I can't believe it's already Christmas. Soon, 2015 will end and I'm more than happy to welcome 2016 with open arms. Nothing exciting happened in 2015 for me other than learning Japanese and meeting and making a lot of new friends. It's safe to say I'm happy with my life here. 

2016 already looks promising. In two weeks, I'll be heading to Taiwan for a family vacation. In late February, my sister will be visiting me for two weeks! In Late March, Yuri will be back in Japan. In April, Steph will be visiting me. I also can't wait to go to shows next year, so far I've planned to see Crystal Lake and lynch. with baby sis, Between The Buried & Me because PALM is opening for them, Bullet For My Valentine and Blessthefall! Anything will be better than 2015 for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment