Thursday 24 December 2015

266. divine ii

December 18th, Friday was Crystal Lake's The Sign tour final. I took my time to head to the venue since I already knew the schedule for that day. I bumped into Yuu at Ebisu Liquidroom and we went into the venue to check out MEANING for a little bit before I decided to head out, they're pretty decent live, just that I wasn't really feeling the music.

As expected, the drinks area was full of people. It was the same last year at Crystal Lake's Cubes final. I bumped into Hayato again and he introduced me to a girl and SikTh, a progressive metal band from England. The band was nice and I was mostly talking to one of the members about Australia. They invited me to their show the next day in Ikebukuro and I said I'll check them out. After the band left, I ended up talking to Yuuri and we exchanged contact information. Little that I know, she's also a singer who performs with bands sometimes.

I headed back inside the stage area to get a good spot for In Hearts Wake. They opened to Earthwalker again and it was almost the same setlist as Tuesday's show. Today's show was much better because of the special effects and crowd moshing. It was fun to watch Survival's moshpit. I was kind of sad when their set ended because I wasn't really that excited to see Crystal Lake that day since I already knew that they won't be playing my favorite songs.


soul-grabbing cleans on Wildflower

friendly circle pits on Survival

Crystal Lake didn't take too long to get on stage and they opened to Prometheus. I was bored with their set because they didn't play my favorites - Mahakala, Body Movin', not even Twisted fucking Fate. The only thing that made up for this lack of good songs was probably the special effects. I really liked Dreamcatcher's backdrop. Most of the songs had special guests, like Rollin', Matrix, Hades and on Sleep Awake, Jake (vocals for In Hearts Wake) and Yosh (vocals for Survive Said The Prophet), came out to perform. Everyone was in high spirits and the crowd was really good that day. Can't beat Osaka or 2014's Cubes final though.


still my favorite song off their new record, The Sign.


They were their usual, good - but not the best I've seen them. They shared some good news with the crowd, a new tour and touring in the States in 2016. I'm glad and proud of these guys, they've come a long way. I walked out when they were playing their last song, A Fire Inside

Ended up talking to some friends again before heading to the second floor. The drinks area was even more packed than it was before which made it even harder to breathe with everyone smoking. I bumped into Ivan before heading upstairs and we caught up for a bit. Upstairs, fate again brought me back to a person I once cared about but before I even realized it, a big accomplishment was made that day, a chapter of my life has come to a close, as a new one unfolds. I hung around the second floor talking to the band and some friends before deciding to head home.

Crystal Lake's tour finals for the past two years have been emotional for me. Sometimes, I really believe that everything is always linked to one another in a strange way. Life is strange.

It was an emotional day for me. I couldn't get to bed until 8am in the morning, too much going on in my mind.  There are a lot of things I've learned this year, and one of them is to learn how to let go. Only by letting go, you can only move forward in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment