Monday 14 December 2015

264. march on the darkness, lynch.

December 8th, 2015 was a Tuesday. Last Tuesday. I couldn't concentrate in class again because I was anxiously waiting for it to be over so I can go see, yeah you've guessed it, lynch. again.

So, once class ended, I slowly made my way to Kawasaki's Club Citta. It was my second time there, the first time I went was last year, to see Crossfaith. Tuesday's show was a two-man with MUCC. I've been wanting to go to this show for a while now. When they announced there was only Osaka and Fukuoka shows around August, I was pretty bummed out.

I'm not a big big fan of MUCC but I do enjoy their music sometimes and I know that they're really good live. I arrived at the venue at 6:30pm and they were still calling out numbers.


This was my first time in a long time going to see lynch. alone. It was nice actually, I kind of miss going to see them alone. Once I got into the venue, I went to look at the merch and to my surprise, lynch.'s manager and staff started talking to me. Their manager told me that they've seen me a couple of times at lynch.'s shows (duh) and they were asking me what music I listen to. We ended up talking about Ozzfest and Loudpark. 

Since it was a sold out show, it was pretty packed when I got into the arena. I squeezed my way to the front because I thought lynch. was playing first but MUCC played first. I didn't know what to do because I don't know MUCC songs well, but their fans are so energetic and fun, I decided to just stay in front. Plus, MUCC really put on a good show that day. I enjoyed their entire setlist, despite being pushed around in the crowd and not knowing any of their songs.


I was pretty impressed with so many of their fans crowd surfing. I got kicked in the face. According to my friend who is a big fan of MUCC, their setlist that day was really good. I enjoyed Media No Juusei the best because I liked how the bass sounds on that song.

Also, I really enjoyed MUCC's cover of MIRRORS with Hazuki. It's the first time in years that I was happy to see MIRRORS live. MUCC played for a little over an hour. 

MUCC setlist :
  1. 我、有るベキ場所
  2. 茫然自失
  3. D.f.D. (Dreamer from Darkness)
  4. 悲観的主義者
  5. 商業
  6. 死して塊
  7. 25時
  8. メデイアの銃声
  9. MIRRORS (lynch. cover) <3 feat. Hazuki 
  10. Mr. Liar
  11. 蘭ちゅ
  12. 9月3日の刻印

lynch. didn't take too long to get on stage. Their setlist was pretty much the same as the last few times I saw them so... I was a little bored. Hey lynch, please change your setlist already!!!!! The only highlight of their set was playing from the end. I haven't seen them play that in a while. 

yay! the banner reappears!

lynch. fans for some reason were really dead again. This was pretty obvious because I could compare them with MUCC fans. Not many people were headbanging or moving around. I seriously don't know what happened to lynch. fans. Just last year, they were really a fun crowd but this year it seems like they have all their energy sucked out of them. It's either that or lynch. fans are just older (or gotten old like the band), I don't know. I hope to go to a lynch. show where the crowd is more fun again. 

It's safe to say that MUCC stole this show.

Much better than the one with sads back in September. lynch. covered MUCC's 大嫌い . I like how AK's bass sounded for the opening of the song. I don't know if I'm biased but oh well... This was the most fun part of lynch.'s set (no kidding). Tatsurou brought out a birthday cake for Hazuki since it was his birthday the next day.

lynch. played for a little over an hour as well and closed to EVOKE. 

lynch. Setlist :
  1. D.A.R.K.
  2. ATARES
  3. GREED
  4. I'm sick, b'cuz luv u.
  5. GHOST
  6. ILLUMINATI
  7. from the end
  8. COSMOS
  9. INVINCIBLE
  10. BEAST
  11. 大嫌い (MUCC cover) feat. Tatsurou
  12. INVADER
  13. ALL THIS I'LL GIVE YOU
  14. pulse_
  15. EVOKE
All photos from barks.jp

There was an encore and both bands came on stage again, with both bands playing MUCC's Ender Ender and lynch.'s GALLOWS. That was the best version of GALLOWS honestly. I really enjoyed this show, not because of lynch., but because of MUCC. It was refreshing to see a different band again. It's been two years since I last saw MUCC. I always tell myself I should listen to them more, but I find myself falling back into my metalcore music.

I wanted to go home straight away but stayed on a little longer talking to lynch.'s staff again. The journery home took forever, I was dying because the train was so crowded and my legs were dying. This was definitely one of the better lynch. shows I've gone to this year. Thank god, I got my ticket at lynch.'s tour final. It was sold out just a few days after.

I was supposed to go to Club Citta again the next day to watch Crossfaith but I decided not to because of the distance and how tired I actually am. I wanted to see Unveil Raze but that can wait since they are having a two man with lynch. next year.

It seems like I'll still be seeing a lot of lynch. next year. I'm glad it's mostly two man shows. Crossfaith x lynch. and lynch. x Unveil Raze. Also!!! I'm excited I'm finally going to see lynch. with my little sister again. She wants to go to both their Tokyo and Osaka shows in March. I can't wait for that.

Again, I love my favourite band but...
please change your setlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment