Tuesday 27 May 2014

136. picking up

Today was such a nice day. I decided to go down to Roppongi Hills because there was an exhibition I really wanted to see at Mori Arts Museum. It was really windy today, thankfully I decided to wear a long skirt, if not, pantsu~

While walking to Roppongi, I popped into a book store which I instantly fell in love with. There were a ton of art books and I spent quite some time there, looking through them, and also, photography books which had encyclopedias of flowers. I've been really into painting flowers since the beginning of this year because it relaxes me so much, but the books didn't have what I was looking for, so I skipped buying them. In the end, I bought an illustrative book by Japanese artist Kyotaro. I really loved the line work and there were some collages in there as well, I haven't done collages in years and would like to pick it up again.


Also, got a photography book "Mirai Chan" by Kotori Kawashima, where he photographs his daughter. I love the sense of wonder he captures, it made me feel very nostalgic about childhood and some of the compositions of the way he takes them captured something I really felt I miss from a long time ago.


Finally got my hands on Blind Willow, Sleeping Women by Haruki Murakami. I always wanted to read it because I have a very short attention span and this book was full of short stories, which is perfect for me. So, I'm really happy with what I bought today. Slowly made my way to Roppongi Hills where I stopped at the rooftop to look at some roses and peonies. I don't like flowers but I always look at them for inspiration, weirdly. I know I don't make any sense.

 These peonies were lovely though, and I love the little buds around them :3

After that, I went straight to Mori Art Museum to go to the exhibition, I'm not sure what's the title is because my Japanese is so limited but I only know the beginning words were "Kodomo" meaning children. The exhibition was nice, I really enjoyed the impressionism paintings by Claude Monet. It was nice to just unwind on my own again, looking at paintings. Didn't do much after that but went to Kitty Diamond to look at kittens because nothing makes me happier, haha. I can't wait to have a cat of my own. 

her paws are sooooooo pink <3


I was getting hungry, so I went down to Hamamatsucho to get some sushi and later on, headed to Starbucks. I swear, I really love Hamamatsucho. I always feel at peace there. Met up with Yuri not long after, we weren't planning on to, it was just we were both in the area, so why not? But I was glad to meet up with her because the last few times we met, I haven't been talking a lot because I was still getting over things but since I'm better today, I was glad to talk more. :)

We hung out till about 10.30ish and it was raining so hard. Parted ways and I'll be seeing her on Thursday again. It's still raining now as I write this, I always love it when it rains outside and you're in bed, feeling all cosy. Things have been going well lately, I'm able to paint again and I'm finally recovering from my flu! The only thing left is to finalise some plans, and go on a week exploring Japan before I really settle down and look for a job. 

The future right now looks much brighter than it did a few weeks ago and I'm so glad my mood's been getting better everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment