Monday 5 May 2014

130. kamakura iii & k-town

Last Friday I spent the entire day with Yuri in Kamakura. This was my third time going to there but I really don't mind it because I really do like Kamakura, only problem is it's really far from my place, it took about an hour and a half to get there, so I had to get up extra early since everything there closes at 4pm.

Was running a little late but met up with Yuri at Kamakura Station at about 11.30am, and the first place we went to was to see Daibutsu. I didn't care much for it because I've already seen but I was happy to accompany her. She was filming our day in Kamakura so I thought it was nice this time to watch a video instead of photos after photos. After taking somewhat, many photos of the Giant Buddha, we got ice-cream! I had the blueberry yogurt one and she got matcha! It was sooo goood.



I thought of going to the place little sis and I went the first time we ever got there, since it was nice and in the forest, up the mountain, so we just hopped onto a bus and god knows, we ended up in

Ofuna. Lost.

I felt bad because seriously my sense of direction that day was so bad but Yuri said it was okay and she actually thought it was funny we got lost. So, we ended up at a bus terminal at Ofuna and asked for directions back to Kamakura. We had to wait for another bus and get on the train back to Kamakura, I'm laughing at our silliness now as I write this.


We made it back to Kamakura and immediately went to Hokokuji Temple since there's where the bamboo grove is, this time, I decided to get the green tea because both me and little sis regretted not getting it the last time. Not going to let it happen again.

So we had to wait for a little bit for our matcha to be served, it was really nice sitting in the little place looking at the bamboo. I always liked how it looks kinda creepy but serene. If that makes any sense? Finally our matcha was ready and it was really nice, it also came along with two little candies shaped like the bamboo and the shrine logo. I was happy to finally get to try it since I always see it in anime. 



After our matcha, we hang out the temple taking photos and I was taking polaroids. We left Hokokuji at about 4.30pm and got on the bus back to the station, we were passing by another temple and asked Yuri if she wanted to see it because I remember it was really pretty as well. So we got off the bus, and went to the last temple for the day.

We didn't take too long at the last temple because we were both already getting hungry. We didn't eat anything other than the ice-cream earlier in the day.

After finishing up everything in Kamakura, we went to Hiyoshi to get some sushi! We just stayed there and talked for hours. Seriously, we have to stop talking so much, haha. I left Hiyoshi at about 10.30pm only to get back at 12 midnight because I missed the stop at Ikebukuro -__- Seriously, my sense of direction that day was so bad.

†††††† 

Yesterday, I met up with Yuri again to run some errands for our Nagoya trip. We're already leaving tomorrow! We went to Ikebukuro first, then later on Shinjuku. I never really liked Shinjuku because it just looks dodgy to me but the part we went to yesterday was really nice and clean so I was happy.



After Shinjuku, we walked to Shin-Okubo because both of us were craving for Korean food. I really liked the place she brought me to since I haven't had Korean food like that before. Would definitely go again, it was a nice break from our usual Shibuya-Harajuku hang outs. After dinner, we walked around and got dessert at this frozen yogurt place. I really liked it as well because it was a nice place to chill plus, smoking is allowed!

Also, I haven't tried Korean style frozen yogurt so it was good. I had it with shaved ice and fruit, kinda big but still so good. Like I said, it was a nice change from the usual because instead we were listening to K-Pop (I only know a couple of songs, haha), but I didn't mind at all. We were just talking about how our lives have changed since last year. In just a short time, we kinda got everything we wanted but in strange ways and we're both working on it right now. Hopefully, at the end of it all we will both be happy. I honestly think anyone deserves to be happy unless.. well, let's not go there.

Already leaving for Nagoya tomorrow, so excited. I can't wait to see my favorite band again in three days! Hopefully I'll enjoy this concert, doubt it but still hopeful.

1 comment:

  1. These days were so much fun! ♡
    Our lives man...but it changed for the best :]
    Happy to have you ><

    ReplyDelete