Wednesday 11 December 2013

114. the blackest nightmare

Little sis arrived in Tokyo on Thursday night and I've been spending all my time with her until she left back to Singapore this morning. On Friday and Saturday, we didn't do anything much because most of my plans didn't fall through. On Sunday...

lynch. THE BLACKEST NIGHTMARE tour at Zepp Tokyo. Obviously, I was excited. It's my fourth time seeing them this year and I still get butterflies in my stomach. This band makes me feel so much, I still can't put it into words how much I really do love them.

We got up early, headed straight to Odaiba for Ramen and hung around until it was show time. It didn't take too long to get into Zepp Tokyo. Little sis basically ran in and got us good spots for the show, it wasn't too front as the usual but it was good enough. Once again, they opened to Pantera's Mouth of War.


When the curtains fell, the backdrop was so amazing/epic, it was just a simple band logo but still, being to so many lynch. shows, we haven't seen any of this kind of stuff. They started with EXODUS, followed by ASHES. After that was THE BLASTED BACK BONE and I went a little crazy there, I can't really remember the order of their setlist but they didn't play all the songs I wanted to them to. ): It was still fun headbanging obviously. Little sis went crazy to EVILLY.

The interval was BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, and the lights shined on Hazuki right after that ended as he sang BE STRONG. I don't really like that song but its been stuck in my head for days now. -__- After that, they played AMBIVALENT IDEAL !

During this live, for the first time, it felt weird to headbang (normally I go psychotic) because I was standing directly infront of AK and I noticed he kept looking at my direction and was giving me a  "I know you" face. So, I felt kinda weird to be so crazy and letting him judge, lol. But he was so cute because I smiled at him and he smiled right back. Little sis was complaining on how much I look at AK now instead of Hazuki. I still love Hazuki the most though...

Yusuke also, weirdly, kept staring at our direction. I thought Yusuke would never look at people to be honest, but he threw his bottle to me and I basically ran from it. lol He was laughing as he saw me moving away from it. I was scared of the girls that were being crazy trying to snatch it.

I love how the whole EXODUS EP sounds so heavy live, especially INVINCIBLE. The drums are way more amplified and it was soooo goood to headbang to it. Now listening to it on my ipod, I feel empty. It's as if I want to see them all the time now. :/

They played unknown lost a beauty!!!!!!!! When Hazuki said it I was jumping around like some crazy idiot and obviously, I didn't care much about AK judging to that song and just headbanged hardcore for that one song, and after that was pulse_!!!! So the crowd went crazy and moshed and after the mosh, little sis and I were pushed back a bit. The girl infront of me was tall, I couldn't see anything after pulse_, so I tiptoed and when my head popped up of the crowd, AK saw and was giggling. Omg I wanted to die. Seriously, I think I've been crushing on him ever since I met him. He looks so fucking cute when he smiles. Obviously, Hazuki has the nicest smile but AK...

They had two encores and they were talking for a bit during encore 1, where Hazuki took out his Daruma and was drawing the eye on one of them and joking about how he is actually 41... but really, he is only 31. After much talking, they continued with UNTIL I DIE. I was soooooo happy they played it since it is my tattoo now. <3

They also played STARZ, Discord Number and LIGHTNING. For the second encore, they only played HIDDEN. They played for two hours. It felt so short. I honestly think the best live of theirs that I've been to is the very first one at Zepp Divercity because they played so many songs I love and for 2 hours 30 minutes.

Since, I felt it was too short, now I really want to go to their last Zepp show in Nagoya this Saturday. I'm still thinking about it but leaning towards going. I can't ever have enough of them. Here is the setlist, not in order :


  • EXODUS
  • ASHES
  • THE BLASTED BACK BONE
  • EVILLY
  • I BELIEVE IN ME
  • ADORE
  • ALL THIS I'LL GIVE YOU
  • BEFORE YOU KNOW IT
  • BE STRONG
  • AMBIVALENT IDEAL
  • MIRRORS
  • NEW PSYCHO PARALYZE
  • THE FATAL HOUR HAS COME
  • MOMENT
  • I'm sick, b'cuz luv u.
  • VANISH
  • INVINCIBLE
  • 59
  • unknown lost a beauty
  • pulse_
  • NIGHT
Encore 1
  • UNTIL I DIE
  • Discord Number
  • STARZ
  • LIGHTNING
Encore 2
  • HIDDEN
Little sis was a little disappointed they didn't play melt. I know they always change their setlist but I didn't really like this one. T__T After the show ended, I went to buy some CDs, since I am still slowly collecting them. We didn't hang around for long, we left to go to Oedo Onsen, just two stops away from Odaiba. I seriously think this is the best decision little sis came up with. If we didn't go to the onsen, our necks would have probably be in a whole lot more of pain.

Also, I was trying my best to cover my tattoo the entire time and successfully did! We ate quite a lot there too, since concerts really take out a lot from you. It was the best way to end such an amazing night. By the time we got home, we both crashed on the bed almost immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment