Sunday 15 December 2013

115. only in dreams

On Monday, little sis and I got up early to head to Mitaka. This time, I finally managed to get tickets to Ghibli Museum. We haven't been there for almost two years because everytime I get to Tokyo, the tickets are always sold out thanks to the growing popularity of Miyazaki's work.

I bought the 12pm tickets because I knew we wouldn't be able to get up soooo early especially after lynch.'s live the previous day. The first thing we did was head straight to the cafe because we were starving but waited for about an hour to get finally get in. We both ordered the pork cutlet sandwich since I'm not a fan of Omu Rice.

little sis had hot chocolate!

After lunch, we went straight to the Saturn theatre to watch the short film, this time it was Mon Mon the Water Spider. It was such a cute little film but I still prefer Mister Dough and the Egg Princess. We went to walk around as usual, and they had a special exhibition called The Lens at Work in The Ghibli Forest, which mainly focuses on little objects and things you see through lenses and how to make film strips and pinhole cameras. It was fun and reminded me of my art college photography lessons because we had to learn how to develop films, photographs and make our very own pinhole cameras.



After which, we went to the Ghibli stores where it was overly crowded as usual. :/ So we left Ghibli Museum at about 3-ish and wanted to go to the Owl Cafe but it was closed again. ): We went left Mitaka and got on the train and went straight to Disneyland. 

When we arrived at Maihama Station, it was still early since we got the After 6 Pass, we hung around and went to roam around the Disney hotels while waiting. The disney hotels were so cute!  I wish I could stay there for at least a night but it's really expensive. Soon, it was 6pm and we got in really quickly despite the queue being really long. 


Everything was decked out and ready for Christmas. Honestly, I've never enjoyed Christmas very much but being in Japan makes me like Christmas a little more. First, we went to the disney shops but the merchandise weren't that cute, so we slowly walked to  Santa's Village and Cinderella's castle. Cinderella's castle was so pretty! *__*


We went straight to Fantasyland, where I went crazy over Alice's Tea Party and It's a Small World. Everything was so cute. After only seeing the attractions, we decided to have dinner at the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall. Little sis knew for sure I would want a  Alice in Wonderland themed meal. I had chicken and little sis had fish, I got dessert just so I can have the cute Alice in Wonderland tea cup. Everything is there was so cute. I love Alice in Wonderland so much! My favorite disney films are Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan and Little Mermaid. 


After dinner, we walked around and saw some of the lines for certain rides were short so we just decided to get on anything. First we went on Pinocchio's Daring Journey, which I thought captured the film so well. Only thing is again, because we are in Japan, everything is in Japanese. After the ride, we walked to Toontown, the little houses were so cute ^^ I'm glad little sis was happy because she has never been to Disneyland and as for me, the last time I went was when I was only 4 in the U.S. 

We went into Goofy's and Chip N' Dale's house and Donald's Boat. Took photos at Toon Park because it was too cute. Got on Gadget's Go Coaster and Rodger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. Little sis doesn't know anything about Rodger Rabbit and told me the whole ride basically looks like someone who is on drugs, which is half true. I watched Who Framed Rodger Rabbit when I was a kid but can vaguely remember anything.

After that, we want to watch the Light Parade and everything was so magical <3

We went off to the other parts of Disneyland after the parade and made it in time for the fireworks at Cinderella's castle. I was kind of bored of the fireworks because I don't really enjoy fireworks in general. The other parts of Disneyland was kind of boring so we decided to get back to Fantasyland, which I'm happy we did because we went to the Haunted Mansion to get on the Christmas special, Holiday Nightmare. I was so happy because I love Nightmare Before Christmas to Death and the ride was so cute and took about 15 minutes. I think little sis and I might have gotten too excited on the ride, we were making so much noise and shouting and everything. lol

After Haunted Mansion, we ran to catch Peter Pan's Flight because it was almost closing time. We were the last ones on the ride. ^^ The ride was so cute, we sat in a ship and it flew over London and Neverland. I was so happy I got to see the lost boys! <3



After that, it was already closing time at the theme park so we left Disneyland and got back home late and had supper on the way. I felt like I was living in dreams because the whole day was so themed, the first half of the day was Ghibli and the later half was Disney. Nothing could have been better.


No comments:

Post a Comment