Friday 27 December 2013

118. joyeux noël

It's my first time in years since I've been happy or excited about Christmas. This year, since I am Japan it makes things a little different. Most of the time, I don't feel like it's Christmas because in Melbourne, it's summer and probably dying in the heat. Or if I'm at home with little sis, we'll always be watching movies and be bitter, haha.

Yuri and I decided to countdown to Christmas together, so we met up in Shibuya and had dinner, then I accompanied her to work and went back to her place in Hiyoshi to countdown. We really wanted Christmas cake, so we thought of getting a little one at the conbini but they were selling cakes near Hiyoshi Station, so we just decided to get one there. We took cheesecake and hurried to the store to get candles. Although we didn't get to countdown, it was still fun rushing to the places to be in time for it.

We went to  Keio's campus in the cold and tried lighting up the candles but it was sooooooooo windy so it took a while, lol. Finally we lit up the candles and made a wish. Even though it was so simple, I was happy because we were both laughing at how funny it was we were actually doing this and joking about what the guys we like would do too, haha. Totally delusional but still makes us happy talking about it. I made up that we must finish the cake or our wishes wouldn't come true and oh my god, we were sooooo full from all that cake but somehow still craved for ramen.



The cheesecake was so good though... but maybe I will lay off cheesecake for a while.

We decided to share a small bowl of ramen since we definitely couldn't finish one on our own. After ramen, we walked to Keio and it was so nice because the trees were so tall and there were so many stars out that night. I never look up at the sky ever, so that night was really beautiful. There were some guys dressed up as Santa and the reindeer wishing everyone Merry Christmas which I thought was pretty cute! Also, earlier in Shibuya, a lot of people dress up in Santa outfits, it's just so cute. :)

Yuri was saying how there's a river further down the road, so we decided to walk out in the cold since we were still so full. It was a nice walk off the food. Although we didn't stay long near the river side, it was just nice being out in the middle of the night wandering around. I haven't done this in years. We arrived back at her place close to 3am and went to sleep since she still had class the next day.

On Christmas day, we woke up late and basically rushed to Yuri's class at the Mita campus. We decided to hang out some more, so I waited for Yuri to end class. We walked from Mita to Tokyo Tower since she's never been there. It didn't take long, only about 15 minutes! We didn't do much at Tokyo Tower but take photos and went to the little park next to it.



Little sis and I were there last time and I thought the park was so cute since it had a little stream. We spent the rest of the evening at Hamamatsucho getting dinner and just chilling at Starbucks. We left Hamamatsucho at about 10pm since Yuri had other plans and I went home to try to get to bed early but I just couldn't sleep. -__- I still love Hamamatsucho.

Also, I bought a ticket on Christmas day to see DEATHGAZE next year in Tokyo. :) Probably one of the best Christmas gifts I could ever give myself, haha.

I'm glad I decided to extend my trip till 2014 in Japan, if not, I would have been back in Singapore being a bitter bitch and probably crying that I'm not in Japan. I can't wait to spend New Year's in Nagoya! <3


1 comment:

  1. haha our guys <3 this christmas was so awesome, simple, but the best christmas yet!

    ReplyDelete