Tuesday 24 December 2013

117. 鉄の夢

I can't believe its already Christmas eve and soon, 2014 will arrive.

Earlier tonight, I went to see THE NOVEMBERS at Shibuya O-Nest. This time, they were opening for nhhmbase. Sometimes, my luck astounds me. The minute I walked into the venue to exchange my ticket for the drink coupon, Yusuke (vocalist) walked out, I just turned my head and was surprised to see him. So, it was good that I went to the venue late?

I was happy even before getting to see the band, so I was in a really good mood while they took the stage. I wanted to see them play other albums since the last time I saw them, they mostly played To (melt into) and (Two) into holy only. They played material mostly from their latest album, zeitgeist and Fourth wall. I was glad they did, since those were more upbeat songs and I was enjoying myself getting lost in the music. They are so good live, I wish their fans would be more enthusiastic about their music. :/

They played for an hour and I left once they ended. I felt nice to walk out in the cold alone after so long and I'm glad Shibuya wasn't that crowded today.

On Sunday, I met up with Elaine to get the ticket to their show. We decided to meet at Shimokitazawa since I always wanted to go and she said it's a good place for music. I really liked Shimokitazawa. It's not crowded, more chill and has cute shops. We had udon for dinner! I swear I will miss udon so much when I go back, I've been addicted to it lately. After dinner, we went to get dessert and just chilled there and talked for hours. Seriously, I enjoyed talking to her so much, even with our age difference.

Maybe the reason why we can get along so well is because her birthday is the same as Steph's and  I've known Steph for almost 10 years now. Also, it always helps that she likes the same international bands as me like Finch, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday etc and obviously, the reason why we knew each other was because of THE NOVEMBERS. So we were just talking about how cute Takamatsu is in general, haha.

It's funny how I always meet great people away from home.

Later, I'll be meeting Yuri to countdown to Christmas together. I can't believe we're going to Nagoya again this weekend. It makes me so happy that we're going back there! I can't wait!

I'm definitely going to write another post before I leave for Nagoya. 2013 has been such a wonderful year, but before the year ends, there's Gray and his Christmas... ( I really miss Fairy Tail ): )

by Hiro Mashima, Fairy Tail. 



No comments:

Post a Comment