Wednesday 30 November 2016

320. the nites of avantgarde, lynch.

I have been dreading to write this post because so much has happened since this show. lynch. is on a hiatus now because something happened to one of the members and it makes me sad to think that this might be the last time I got to see them as a five member band. But let's save the sad stuff for later.

November 15th, 2016.

This was lynch.'s semi-final for THE NITES OF AVANTGARDE tour to promote their latest release. Like I already mentioned, I am not a big fan of this album but I won't miss their shows for no good reason. Their setlist today was pretty good, especially the encore. The encore was perfect actually, it was all my favorite headbanging songs.

They looked so happy on stage that day too. As usual, their MC went on forever because Hazuki is just too talkative. I like how he talked about the stupid pillar at Club Quattro. It really blocks the view of the stage. I could hardly see Yusuke throughout the show, I don't really care for Yusuke but it's nice to see the whole band right?

Today's setlist :

I was really happy they played INVINCIBLE. I thought they stopped playing it judging from the setlists from this tour. It's my absolute favorite song to see them play live because of how different it sounds from the record. Also, AK and Hazuki always look so happy playing this song since it's their favorite to play live. I always, always enjoy this song. 

I still remember how happy I was after this show because everyone's always so nice. I'll post videos from this show (stolen from Hazuki's instagram) because I forgot to save the live photos...
A video posted by lynch. 葉月 (@lynch_hazuki) on

A video posted by lynch. 葉月 (@lynch_hazuki) on

So, onto the sad stuff. It's been hard for me to accept that lynch. might not be a 5 member band anymore. Their future is pretty uncertain but I'm sure they will get through this. lynch. has been a big part of my life for the last couple of years, they are one of the reasons why I keep returning to Japan (because fuckers don't travel out). Going to their shows has always made me happy, even though I am always alone. They're the only band that can make me completely lose myself in their music . You will never see me singing or headbanging or dancing or swaying to any other band.

Their Fukuoka show I went to earlier this year is still my favorite memory. I still remember H holding my hand as I watched my favorite band kill it on stage. Also, I remember H being so shocked when I started headbanging to INVINCIBLE, but he headbanged along with me, haha. ( H is not a fan of lynch. by the way, he just knows I love them so fucking much.)

It's just too difficult to explain how something is so important to you. Music has always been a huge part of my life. So naturally, my favorite band will be too. lynch.'s music has just been by my side all this time, when I "broke up" with someone, when my mom was in the hospital, when I was feeling empty and also when I'm happy.

I have repeated countless of times but no matter what, I will always love this band. I hope that they will return as a 5 member band but even if they don't, I will still continue to support them.

I still remember seeing them for the first time 3 years ago. How happy I was, how complete I felt, how I lost myself in their music.

I hope to see them again, soon.

somewhere, someday,
I want for us to happen again...

No comments:

Post a Comment