Thursday 8 December 2016

321. the pros of con

I was in Osaka during the last week of November for a photo shoot. I have been to Osaka so many times this year that I've lost count and honestly, I'm bored of the city. I didn't bother taking photos but I did explore on my own for a bit.

November 20th

I took the shinkansen down to Osaka, dumped my stuff in my Airbnb apartment and made my way to Hokage. PALM was playing that night alongside some other bands. I actually didn't care much about other bands except for Runner (Kenta's side band) and PALM. Even though I don't listen to PALM, they never fail to put on a good live show. Their energy on stage is just something else and I feel like even young bands today can't achieve that level of "raw power".

A video posted by PALM (@palmjapan) on

I met up with Kyoko who Laura introduced through text. I was alone most of the time but it was okay. I think I got so used to being on my own now, it doesn't bother me that much when I travel. My photoshoot ended up being really late, thankfully Toshi owns Hokage so I could take photos without having to worry that I'll be chased out of the venue, haha.

After taking a couple of photos of Kyoko, we went to the afterparty at the Hokage's bar. Most of the bands were already eating and it was only us girls left feeling hungry. It's always fun meeting new people even though I am such an introvert.

PALM's photoshoot dragged on till about 2-ish am. Toshi was half drunk doing the shoot, haha. Still had fun with them, though. No matter how old men get, they still act like little boys.

a very drunk Toshi. 

and a very tired Kenta.

*I'm still in the process of editing photos but some of them are already on @sanatoriiiium

I only got back to the apartment at 3 in the morning. It was a fun but tiring day for me. I passed out immediately after taking a long shower. 

Even though I do enjoy doing my photo shoots and meeting up with friends, I'm a very private person so I don't really like to post photos of people I know on my social media and even on this blog. I guess my clothing line is going to "show" everyone who my friends are. I still have mixed feelings about it. 

Other than that, my life right now is pretty messed up and complicated. I can't wait for next month cos I'll be back in Melbourne just for two days to watch letlive. and Every Time I Die. I'm more excited about letlive., I have been listening to them a lot lately and it's been a while since I really liked any other band so much.

I have quite a number of things planned out until the year ends. I'm going to get yet another tattoo, hopefully have a nice Christmas and travel some more. In some way, I don't really want 2016 to end just yet but everyone gets like that every year right?

No comments:

Post a Comment