Thursday 10 November 2016

316. beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice

Yuri and I decided to dress up for Halloween back when I was still in Singapore, she saw my tweet about wanting to be Lydia Deetz so she decided to be my Beetlejuice! We both bought our costumes before I got back to Japan.

Unfortunately, Halloween this year falls on a Monday, so we had to dress up on Saturday night. I met up with her in Tachikawa and we had late lunch. We still went to get some stuff for our costumes before going back to my apartment to dress up. It was so fun dressing up, we were watching The Crow on Netflix, listening to music and drinking bottles of beer.

We took longer than expected to dress up because of Beetlejuice's makeup and Lydia's hair. I suck at doing any "dressing up", so Yuri actually styled my hair. I would have put makeup but I have very sensitive skin, so if I get cheap makeup, I would definitely get an allergy (trust me, I have tried and even with expensive makeup I get rashes). We got to Shibuya pretty late and the first thing we did was take purikura!




After purikura, we went to get supper. It was already midnight when we were eating. There were still a lot of people walking around Shibuya. Honestly, the costumes were not as interesting as last year. Last year's crowd in Shibuya was more fun. I feel like this year I had more fun dressing up with Yuri. We wanted to go to Harajuku to take some photos of our costumes but it started to rain, so we had not choice but to stay indoors. By the time we finished our meal, it was already 1am so we decided to go to the bar for some more drinks.

We stayed up till 5am just talking like we usually do, we figured, even if we were home we wouldn't go to bed till about that time so there was no difference with staying out. We finally got home at 6am. I really enjoy Yuri visiting, it just sucks that she lives so far away from Tokyo. Better than being on the other side of the world, though.

We took this at my place before heading out.

The next time I see her will be for her birthday and I'm excited because we're going to watch Fantastic Beasts together!

My November will be very busy but I'm happy. I have so many things to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment