Thursday 3 November 2016

315. honeymuuuun

It's already my third week back in Tokyo and I still haven't written about so many things. I'm backtracking now.

My first week back in Tokyo was spent mostly with Mad and Din. They spent their honeymoon here and I showed them around Harajuku, Shibuya, and Roppongi. I met up with them literally the second day I was back, I brought them around Harajuku. It's always fun showing my friends from home what I usually do here, where I like to go, where I like to hang out. It kind of make us understand each other more I think.

At least, it won't be so difficult explaining things to Mad now because she has already been to the places I usually spend more time at. Basically, I just brought the newly married couple around Cat Street and one of my favorite buildings, Gyre. We managed to find a Japanese Shabu Shabu restaurant serving Halal food, which was pretty good. I forced them into taking Purikura that same night.


On Friday, I brought them to Roppongi. We went to Salvador Dali's exhibition and then slowly walked to Roppongi Hills for Art Night Out. Salvador Dali's exhibition was massive and was definitely worth our 2500 yen, there were so many rooms for his original work, showing how his style evolved over his lifetime. 

Mad and I studied a lot about him back in college during Art History class, so it was fun to go together because we remember exactly which pieces we did research on. It was pretty crowded for a Friday afternoon and no photos were allowed as usual. I was really happy they were showing some videos at the exhibition as well, one was about eyeball slicing which made Mad and I go "OH MY GOD!!! FOUNDATION YEAR!!" Also, I finally got to watch the collaboration with Walt Disney and Dali, Destino

Salvador Dali is one of my favorite artists. I pretty much hated studying about Pablo Picasso in college and still do. My favorite artists from Art History are actually Gustav Klimt, Alphonse Mucha, and Salvador Dali.

All of us had a headache at the souvenir store. We took quite some time choosing wisely. Lastly, there was just a small exhibit that we could take a photo with at the end of the exhibition.


After the exhibition, the three of us slowly made our way to Roppongi Hills for dinner. We walked around and waited for a little bit for Art Night to start. There were several artworks places around Roppongi Hills which was interesting, mostly videos, though. Mad and I liked the horses the most of out everything. They were parading outside Roppongi Hills.


We didn't do much after that but chilled at Starbucks. Sometimes I do miss hanging out with Mad because I spend most of my time in Japan. Ultimately, I am happier in Tokyo so I don't  go back to Singapore that often. Or at least, I try not to spend too much time there. It's nice to have Mad finally understand what I'm talking about after her visit to Tokyo.

I met up with her again just for a little on Saturday to introduce Yuri to her. It was fun seeing two of my closest friends talking to each other because they are so different. I love them both for very different reasons. I gave Mad a big tight hug before leaving to Harajuku with Yuri for our photoshoot (next post).

I hope married life is treating Mad well and can't wait to see her again when I visit Singapore. I know that Din will take good care of her, so I have nothing to worry about. I'm just happy they've found each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment