Friday 28 October 2016

314. pipes & pipes

Been pretty busy since I got back to Tokyo but before I post about my outings with Mad, I feel like I have to get this off my chest because I'm such an introvert it's not even funny.

I spent my entire evening being socially awkward but not in a bad way. I have been in talks with some friends about my new project and I made my way down to Shimokitazawa this evening to check out Survive Said The Prophet's exhibition.

Seeing familiar faces again is always nice, I've missed events like this for the last couple of months when I was in Singapore. Whenever I am in Singapore, I am such a hermit and when I get out of the house, it's with my sister most of the time. So, seeing everyone again here was pretty awkward for me and I froze so many times, I even told my friends "Oh my god, I don't even know what to say now." It does not help with the language barrier. My Japanese has so gotten so rusty, I'm literally saying all the verbs out loud and making my friends guess what I even want to say.

Thank god there were a couple of people who were fluent in English, if not I would have just crawled into a hole.

The exhibition was pretty alright, mostly about Survive Said The Prophet's merchandise. I was looking forward to the acoustic more. I also was pretty surprised to bump into Ryo because I haven't seen him in such a long time. Also, I'm really thankful everyone has been so supportive of me. Yosh even wore my shirt straight away once I handed it to him. I'm still in the talks with everyone, so I will still take some time to get where I want to be. But I promise to work extremely hard, I have to have some faith in myself.

SSTP's acoustic was really good. They're a melodic band, so it's pretty different from what I usually listen to. BUT they are one of the best bands I have seen live in Japan. I only know one song If You Really Want To from their old album, and I like their new song called 3AM. They just released their new album FIXED and are on tour now around Japan.

I think they played a total of 4 songs tonight with a lot of MC-ing (that I don't understand). I managed to only record the first song, also drag to the 1:55 mark to see Crystal Lake's vocalist Ryo, make an appearance, haha. Thanks Yosh for wearing my design!


Tonight was really productive, just a shout out to Yosh, Ivan, and Ryo for taking the time to talk such an awkward me. I'm not always like that but I think it just has not sunk in that I'm back in Japan and my life here is a totally different one from Singapore. LIKE, it's worlds apart. I'm still taking some time to adjust. 

I totally forgot how much of a social life I actually have in Tokyo, to be honest. I just got so used to being on my own for the last couple of months, it's so strange to be in a sea of people again. Adding in culture shock and the language barrier make me such an awkward person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment