Monday 18 April 2016

293. army of noise

April 15th was the last show of 2016's Monster Energy Outburn tour with Bullet For My Valentine headlining and coldrain and NOISEMAKER opening for them. I had so much time to kill before the show started, I just took my time wandering around Shibuya and Harajuku. I decided to arrive at Shinkiba Studio Coast a little late because I wasn't really interested in watching NOISEMAKER.

I only watched 3 songs by them and they were alright, nothing special honestly but good enough to kill some time with. coldrain took the stage not more than 20 minutes later and I was really hoping they don't disappoint me because the last two times I saw them, they didn't live up to my expectations.

I was glad that I didn't have high hopes because coldrain surpassed my expectations this time. They were playing like the very first time I saw them 3 years ago at Summersonic. The crowd was going wild, circle pits were formed, people were jumping around and singing along. They opened to No Escape and played mostly new songs. I only knew 3 songs, they ended with The War Is On and The Revelation.


I enjoyed their set a lot and I'm glad they didn't disappoint this time. Finally, the headlining band was up next and Bullet For My Valentine took the stage at 8pm. The crowd went even more wild with people pushing and shuffling their way to the front. I was surrounded by two circle pits and was trying to fit a good spot to see the stage.

They opened to No Way Out and played their new album, Venom in its entirety. Honestly, I was pretty bored throughout the first half of their set because I'm not a fan of their new album. I was only there for old songs. They played their latest album for about 40 minutes and left the stage, returning with their second part of the set starting with Your Betrayal.

People went wild again and there was a circle pit formed right in front of me. I was trying my best not to get caught in it, pushing people away. Next up was Waking The Demon and everyone went even more crazy. I haven't seen such an insane crowd in a long long time, it truly felt like I was at a concert. (Yeah, I want to get pushed around and get other people's sweat on me. Ew.)


Matt (BFMV vocals), invited Masato (coldrain vocals) to perform with them. Masato sang most of the song actually. After Waking The Demon, the whole band left the stage. There was a drum solo before an announcement was made.

Apparently, Matt's vocal cords got injured and they had to stop the show. Everyone was in disbelief, myself included. People were trying to decide if they were going to just leave or stay behind because the staff said we could stay but it would take a long time. I was not up for waiting so I went to get a drink before heading home.

Honestly, I am pretty bummed out they had to stop the show halfway. I waited so long to see them and for it to get cut off like that was really disappointing. It's not anyone's fault but I think most people would feel the same way as me - it was left hanging.

But, I had so much fun singing along and being in the crowd. It has been a long time since I felt that way at a show. Most shows bore me nowadays so it was nice to finally feel something for music again.

Hopefully, I'll get another chance to see them and with some company. I really wished my sister was with me because we always sing along to BFMV songs when we were younger. What a way to spend my Friday night, I would not say it was wasted but I'm definitely not satisfied.

Good thing is I have some more shows to look forward to. Probably Crystal Lake's Championship Tour Final happening this Sunday, and when I get back from Singapore, lynch.'s DARK Tour Final. I hope both of these bands have good setlists this time.

May will be a good month for music with Saosin and Architects releasing new albums. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment