Sunday 17 April 2016

292. more than words

Last Sunday, I woke up early and went out to pick up Steph at Tachikawa station. She was in Tokyo for almost two weeks and planned to stay with me on the last two days of her trip. Unfortunately, something came up and she only stayed a day with me but I was still happy to see her after more than 2 years.

We came back to my apartment to put her luggage down and went off to Kichijoji for lunch. I brought her to Il cafe and we chilled there for a little bit before walking around Kichijoji. After lunch, we just wandered around Kichijoji, we somehow stumbled upon a pet shop that sold hedgehogs, sugar gliders, ferrets, geckos, spiders... not the usual everyday pet that you'll see at a pet store. I was pretty amazed since it's my first time seeing some these animals.

We didn't spend too long in Kichijoji, so after that, we made our way to Shibuya. I brought her to Midori sushi as well, we got a numbered ticket and went to walk around Shibuya for an hour before coming back to the restaurant. I was still kinda stuffed from lunch so we didn't order that much. We shopped around Shibuya after sushi and went to Silkream for dessert!

It was so nice to catch up with Steph after such a long time. I feel like a lot has changed in both our lives, so there was a lot of stories to tell. Since I have known Steph since I was 14, she could tell how happy I am here and honestly, sometimes she knows me better than myself because there are so many things from the past that I can't remember anymore but she still does. It's good to look back at the past sometimes and to remind yourself how far you've come. It's gladdening to know that the life I always wanted is what I have in Japan right now and it's still changing.

We went to take Purikura after dessert, it was kind of nostalgic for us because we used to take them all the time back in Singapore on the weekends. I still have a bunch of them somewhere in my house back there. Steph was so amazed of how advanced Purikura machines now, back then, we used to called these machines "Neoprint".



We went back to Tachikawa not long after that. We also went to Donki Quote on the way home, Steph loves it as much as my sister does it's funny. We bought some food and drinks and went back to the apartment and continued talking till it was 5 in the morning.

We were talking about all those nights we stayed up late outside for stupid reasons (I'm not going to mention because it is embarrassing, haha), went for karaoke till sunrise, staying over at her old place and also, our group slumber parties with a couple of friends that we don't talk to anymore. I'm so glad Steph and I somehow managed to keep our relationship even though we are in different parts of the world now. I was pretty bummed out she had to leave the next morning already.

I sent her to the bus stop the next morning and it was bittersweet. I hope she comes back to visit in summer! Seeing her again actually made me realized how much I've missed her. I don't miss any of my Singaporean friends except her. 

Recently a lot of people and things from the past have been coming back to me, all the good things. It's almost like my life is a full circle now. I can't be any more contented.

PS. Also, Steph, if you're reading this, please figure out where the title of this blog post is from, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment