Monday 4 April 2016

289. we meet again

It's April, that means Spring is here. Other than suffering from a severe case of hay fever, life has been pretty crazy. Well, I have a feeling this April will be.
Sakura tree in front of my apartment.

Yuri arrived back in Tokyo on Wednesday night and I met up with her on Thursday morning. Her friend drove her to my place so she could put some of her stuff down before we headed to Shibuya for lunch.

It has been almost 2 years since I last saw her, so I was happy to see her again. We had so much to catch up on, we were talking so much right away. We actually did our usual routine of getting sushi in Shibuya. After lunch, we decided to go to Nakameguro for hanami.

The last time I was in Nakameguro was, also for hanami, a year ago. This time was a little different because we were there in the daytime, the last time I went at night and it was difficult to get good photos of the cherry blossoms. Also, there are actually a lot of cute stores and cafes at Nakameguro that I didn't notice last time because they were all closed. I definitely want to go there again when hanami season is over.

It was much easier to take photos, of course, the sky was really blue that day too. There were many food stalls along Nakameguro river as well. Since we already had lunch, we didn't bother getting food.



It was pretty crowded but still walkable. We popped into some stores along the way. I finally went to Cow Books, I think the concept of the store was pretty cool but I didn't get anything there. Before we knew it, we had already walked to the end of the river. So we slowly made our way back to the station. 

We went to Harajuku because we both wanted bubble tea but once we arrived, the line was too long we decided to find somewhere nice to chill since we just wanted to talk. Yuri was also tired because of jet lag. We didn't do anything much but talked at Silkream till it was time for dinner. We left straight home after dinner because we were both too tired.

Yuri passed out almost right away when she got back and I continued painting. In the end, she woke up in the middle of the night and we talked till almost 6am (I knew this would happen, haha) and got up at 11ish am. I made breakfast for the both of us, took a shower before sending her to the train station.

I initially planned to go to some exhibitions, but my allergy from the pollen is so bad, I decided to stay home. There're rashes all over my face and even around my eyes so a mask is not enough to hide allergy's ugliness. I'm actually really shocked with this allergy reaction because I didn't have any last year. 

It was nice to see Yuri again after two years. I have Steph visiting me at the end of this week too, and she's another friend who I haven't seen in a long time. This week is going to be crazy, I can feel it already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment