Tuesday 5 April 2016

290. cloudy swan boats

On Sunday, I headed to Kichijoji in the mid-afternoon for my second round of hanami. I met up with Laura at the station and we walked to Inoshikara Park. It was really really crowded on the way there, the crossings and the streets leading towards the park were so crowded already, I didn't really want to be squeezed or have problems going in and coming out of the park.

Luckily, it was still walkable. Not as walkable as Nakameguro but it wasn't too bad. Actually, the cherry blossoms at Kichijoji are much prettier than the ones at Nakameguro. I think I just like the swan boats together with the flowers, haha. Also, probably because they are more photogenic.

The line to rent a boat was so long! Understandable, though.

I liked how the water looks in photos, the textures of it. Just last month, while my sister was visiting, the water was all drained out, so I was relieved it's back to normal. It wasn't too hard to take photos, people were considerate and didn't take too long to move away once they were done. 

Laura and I walked around the river, it was really packed with people having picnics under the Sakura trees. Some of the food the people brought look so good. It was my first time seeing people having picnics, it feels nice actually. 

To be honest, though I am always dressed in black, I did feel kind of out of place because everything was so pink and people are wearing more bright and pastel colours now. I still won't wear colour but I do admit, I do get sick of wearing black sometimes.


After we were done looking at the flowers, I showed Laura around Kichijoji. It's one of my new favourite places. We went to the streets that were lined with cute shops selling furniture, paper, toys and all that jazz. Laura found a hidden gallery, I was pretty surprised there were even shops in such a small alleyway. There were no exhibitions though.


We also went to one of my favourite galleries. The last time I was there, I bought two mini wooden sculptures. The exhibition, this time, wasn't too impressive but I still enjoyed it.


After we were done checking out stuff, we went to a cafe one of my friends recommended. It's kind of a hidden cafe as well but the food was really good. I didn't bother taking photos because of the poor lighting but I really like their matcha latte. I'm really glad I live (kinda) near Kichijoji.

We didn't do anything much but talked at the cafe and went to Muji and Loft after that because Laura needed to get some stuff and we continued aimlessly walking around and walked back to the park and talked some more. I always enjoy my conversations with Laura mostly because we almost have the same taste in things. She also keeps me up to date with music, so I'm really grateful for that. If not I'll be like one of those old people that I mentioned in my music post a couple of entries ago.

We left Kichijoji at 11ish. 

Since my allergies have subsided, I thought of going to more places to look at the cherry blossoms before they are gone. I was taking the train today to class and the river nearby also has a row of Sakura trees. It looked really pretty next to the water. I wish I wasn't so allergic to pollen. 

I'm looking forward to all the concerts I'm going to this week and next week. It's not my usual routine of Japanese bands but international bands that I have been listening to since I was 16. It seems like I have been in a nostalgic mood lately. 

I have been revisiting old ideas as well and like how my work is penning out. Hopefully, I can stay inspired. I feel fresh about art again and I couldn't be any happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment