Wednesday 13 April 2016

291. breathing sequence

golden hour.

The last photo of Spring. Cherry blossoms are so short-lived. This Spring has been good to me so far, it feels like what the season is about. Starting anew. 

Last weekend was really crazy for me, starting from Friday. I went to Unionway's mini festival with Survive Said The Prophet, Hawthrone Heights, Monoeyes and MEST playing at Kichijoji's Club Seata. The only reason I went was because of Hawthrone Heights, I've been listening to them since I was 16 and haven't seen them live before, so I figured, why not just go and check them out.

I arrived at the venue at 6pm and didn't wait for even 5 minutes before Survive Said The Prophet took the stage. They were pretty good live that day, with a lot of energy coming from the entire band. I actually enjoyed their set more than Hawthrone Height's because of how energetic these guys were. 

I've talked to the memebers a couple of times before but at other shows. So, it was nice seeing them play. They played for a good half hour, and had an interval before Hawthrone Heights got on stage. 

I was pretty bummed out that they played If Only You Were Lonely, their second album in its entirety. It's not a bad album but I actually wanted to see them play their first album. They also played a new song and thankfully Ohio is For Lovers. I was singing along and felt really nostalgic... and old. 

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was excited for Ohio because so many people were shouting at the back of the crowd "fuck yeah!" haha.

They didn't move around much but their vocals were spot on without missing a note. I would say they sound almost like their albums.


Next up was Monoeyes, and even though they are a big band because of their vocalist (Ellegarden, The Hiatus), I wasn't that impressed. Probably because their sound is just not my style. I only watched one song before deciding to leave the live hall and just chilled at the bar. 

The funny thing I realize about myself is now that I'm older, I don't really bother to talk to my favorite bands as I did when I was younger. Sometimes, even if my favorite band is right infront of me, I don't bother going up to them and say " Hey, I like your music." 

But as I was talking to Yosh (SSTP vocals), he actually told me to say hi to Hawthrone Heights. So, I did because the singer was just standing next to us. 

We were all waiting for Monoeyes to be over since Mest was the last act for the night. They didn't take too long to take the stage. I guess their songs are really fun to sing along to if I actually listened to them. 

The crowd was good for Mest with friendly stage dives and circle pits. There was a guy in the crowd who had the same shade of blue hair as the singer. I left after about half an hour and just hung out at the bar again, talking to friends before deciding to head home.

Friday was a good day, it's always nice to socialize once in a while.

-----------------------------------------

On Saturday, I cleaned up my apartment and left for Hachioji Rips in the evening for Hawaiian6's Too Late Tour Final "Tokyo 5 Days" with Monoeyes and PALM opening for them. I've never listened to Hawaiian6 before, so I was pretty curious to watch them. Actually, the only reason why I went to this show was to give PALM some souvenirs my sister bought.

My house is full of souvenirs sometimes it's really annoying because it all goes to waste. I can't finish them on my own, so I always give them to my friends. A lot of friends. It's never ending.

PALM was up first and they put on a good show as usual. Their energy on stage is just amazing, I'm sure anyone who likes chaotic music would love them. Hachioji RIPS is always so fucking humid, it makes it hard to breathe in the venue. I left after PALM was done, and just watched Monoeyes and Hawaiian6 from outside.

Hawaiian6 was alright live, I would give credit to their fans. Their fans are very enthusiastic about their music, it's always nice to see the audience singing back to the band. Also, another band with friendly stage dives and circle pits.  I didn't bother staying for the whole set because it got uncomfortably hot even from standing outside. It didn't help that it was sold out, so all the body heat was unbearable. Their music is also not my cup of tea, melodic punk.

I just hung around the merch table talking to Toshi and Kenta before deciding to head home since the next day was going to be a long day as well.

It's nice to go to shows so often but they're so tiring. Just standing there and watching the band makes you tired as well. I'm going to see Bullet For My Valentine this Friday and I'm excited to see them. Finally a full set after so long. I've listened to them since I was 16 and knew all the words to their songs, so I think I will have fun singing along. I've only seen half of their set at 2013's Summersonic. For them, it doesn't really matter what they play since they have so many hits. I just hope they don't play too much of their new album.

楽しみにしてます。

No comments:

Post a Comment