Sunday 12 April 2015

211. decade of beauty, the novembers


On Friday, I was eagerly waiting for my class to end because I was so excited to see THE NOVEMBERS again. I haven't seen them in a long time (last time was September), let alone a one-man show. The last time I saw them at just a one-man show was way back in 2013 when they were doing their album tour at Shindaita FEVER, and I went to see them play To(melt into) and (Two) into holy. I lost interest in them for several reasons but since they posted a special web live video, it made me really miss their music and want to see them again.

Coincidentally, they are also celebrating their 10th anniversary (like lynch.) so I thought it would be good to see them again. After having dinner with my classmates, I went off to Club Quattro for their show. They didn't disappoint and were as good as I remembered. They opened to Romance and everything suddenly fell into a dream like atmosphere, like their music. I was so happy they played many old songs because fans requested and they posted on their social networking accounts (as pictured above) which songs they were going to play. This show actually had most of my favorites. 

I really really enjoyed their faster songs starting from Primal because you could feel the music and just sway or dance to it. Blood music 1985 and Xeno were really good live. I always fall into a trance like state when they play faster songs, it is totally different feeling I get when I see lynch. or any other heavy band. It's weird because I hardly listened to their latest album but really enjoyed those two. I totally forgot how they would actually headbang to their faster songs and Yusuke could hit some really high notes, though some people might not like it (people have told me he looks weird or it's annoying when he sings the high notes), but I think it actually adds to how good the band or he actually is? 

Also, rare songs were played like chernobyl, a friend of mine who have seen the band so many times have only seen them play it twice. So it was good, this show really reminded me why I used to love them so much. 

They played for almost 2 hours, and I was really surprised Yusuke Kobayashi (vocals) did a little bit of mc and laughed because I've never seen him talk during a show. So it was nice to see that side of him. At the end of the show, they were distributing the setlist! I wish more bands would do that. Also, their setlist is kinda cool looking, can't expect more from artsy people, haha. 


I got a badge at their merch table as well since I've always liked the little thing Yusuke draws. Hopefully, they have more one-man shows this year. I really want to see them play a long set again. 

PS. It was a nice change of crowd after going to some hxc and only lynch. shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment