Wednesday 1 April 2015

208. pink, poodles

the view from my balcony.
sakura tree in front of my place.

Finally arrived back in Tokyo almost two days ago, my flight on Monday was so early in the morning (7am), I barely slept the night before. But, even with the lack of sleep, I was watching movies on the entire flight - Big Hero 6, The Hunger Games : Mockingjay Part I and Fantastic Mr. Fox. I really enjoyed Big Hero 6 and Fantastic Mr. Fox but writing will have to wait, I'll do another post on those films for sure.

I finally got to my apartment at almost 10pm and everything was already closed, so I just went to Lawson to get some food before going to bed. Even when I was so tired, I kept waking up every two hours, probably because I'm still not used to the new place but good thing I did wake up at 6am to watch the sunrise from my balcony and went back to sleep after. Yesterday was spent running errands, setting up my place... I'm still far from done. Even though it's still really bare now, I love it already, it's much bigger than my old place and cheaper, probably because it's far away from Tokyo central, about 40 minutes on train to Shinjuku. Also, did I mention it has a bathtub? I'm going to make use of it for sure.
春のおすすめ
In the evening, I met up with Laura to get dinner and after that, we went to Naka Meguro for Hanami! It was pretty crowded but not as crowded as I expected it to be. Since it was my first hanami, I didn't know what to expect but it felt like New Year's where there were food stalls along the river and most people drinking. A lot of stalls sold Sangria! It was fun walking down, and just chatting away, we stopped by a conbini to get drinks and continued walking where we saw jumbo sized poodles! Everyone who walked by were saying "yabai!" "takai!"Actually got the word "jumbo" from someone walking by, he shouted " JUMBOプーダル!" haha, so many people were taking photos of it. Laura's reaction was so funny "you can ride it!!!!" 




I think the highlight of the evening was not the sakura but actually the poodles. We set somewhere for a little bit talking some more and finally went home at about 11:30pm. Since I got bedding in the day, I could finally have a good night's rest. Today I still have so much stuff to get for my apartment but thankfully, the station is only 15 minutes away from me and there's an IKEA, Loft and a ton of department stores, so it's easy. 

Pretty excited about being back, though to be honest, it was a little bit of culture shock again. I have a ton of new people to meet, classes start in a week, and shows to go to. I've already got my ticket to see THE NOVEMBERS next Friday, I'm excited for it since I haven't seen them since last September and it's been almost 2 years since I've been to one of their one-man shows. I think it'll probably be a good show since it's also their 10th anniversary. 

Now, my blog will not be as dead as before.  ❤(◕‿◕✿)

No comments:

Post a Comment