Wednesday 8 April 2015

210. pink, rain

So, the "pink" titles continue until all the sakura trees are completely bare I think, it looks like it is going to rain for the rest of the week. Today felt like it was still winter, wish I brought back more warm clothing. Yesterday the weather was nice though, so I managed to take a couple of photos of the sakura trees to use as reference for a new piece.


Feels nice to have my own reference photos instead  of going through multiple websites (pinterest, flickr, tumblr etc) to look for some inspiration. These were taken at Cat Street in Harajuku while I was doing some shopping with my school mates on Monday. I went home early and roamed around my housing area a little bit and took some more photos.


The sakura infront of my apartment have already started falling, it looks so pretty in photos and even better in real life, I couldn't resist to take so many photos.

On Tuesday was officially the first day of my class. It was pretty alright, I was spacing out most of the time and even when my teacher called me I didn't respond (classic Lyy). After class, I met up with Laura for dinner. Initially, we were planning to go to Yoyogi but the weather forecast this week is pretty shitty, so we went to Ikebukuro for dinner. We had udon because I was craving something warm. After that, we went around Sunshine City's character shops and finally went to Moomin Stand! I've been wanting to go since I saw the one next to Universal Studios in Osaka. I didn't try it then since the line was so long, but when Laura told me they opened one in Tokyo, I was so happy. I ordered Soy Salted Caramel and it was pretty good. 

The shop is pretty small but cute. I was more than happy.

They even had Moomin outside to take photos with! 

We didn't stay too long at Sunshine, so went around Ikebukuro. To the pet shop and then to a couple of those arcades just to see the UFO Catchers! All the toys in the machines are so cute now and are mostly 90's anime themed, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Rayearth, even my sister's favorite Ranma 1/2! I couldn't help but want the little Shampoo toy. 

My first time playing a UFO Catcher and I got it on my third try with a little cheating (Laura asked the shop staff to move the toy so that it'll be easy for me to catch it, lol.) Even if it was made easier, I was still happy I got Shampoo!

Laura also played with some gachapon machines to get the alien from Toy Story shaped like an ice-cream cone. It was really cute too, and she got it on her second try. I always like Ikebukuro because I'm so used to it, I had to change trains at Ikebukuro all the time when I stayed in Itabashi. Not complaining about this new place though, there is even a moomin shop near me! Also, it's even more convenient living here than in Itabashi so I'm already settled in and comfortably living here.

There are some plans for the rest of the week, picnic on Thursday, The Novembers on Friday and I'm meeting someone new on Saturday. It seems like it's going to be another eventful week and I'm lucky because my classes start in the afternoon, that means I can sleep in and won't be so tired out. I already feel much less lethargic and productive than I was in Singapore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment