Friday 3 April 2015

209. pink, sweetness

Yesterday was such an eventful day. I was late to my (kinda) first day in school, it was actually just orientation but I was running late despite getting up early. There was introducing of school rules etc and a placement test. I managed to make a new friend, she's actually from Melbourne too, so I'm pretty happy about that.

After finishing up with school, we went to get sushi for lunch and she was telling me how it's difficult to make friends in Japan. It's true, I won't deny it, I just got lucky. We parted ways at about 1pm and told her I'll bring her around Harajuku after school the next day. I did my usual Shibuya - Harajuku routine. I walked to Harajuku from Shibuya and got coffee at The Roastery first. I've missed it so much for the last 2 months.

It was crazy crowded in Harajuku because of hanami and also spring break. I went to Kiddyland first to check up on what's new and get some stuff. To my surprise, they were selling so much Powerpuff Girls' merchandise. I texted little sis straight away and in the end, bought 3 pouches - Bubbles, Blossom & Buttercup and a phone case for her, I got myself a pencil case.

After that I went to GYRE and bumped into Sen Mitsuji  while walking around. I was shocked because he is the only model that I actually have been crushing on for the last 4 years (even before Hazuki). He was walking in front of me and I didn't really know what to say to him so I didn't bother stopping him. I'm just really happy to see him in person, and he looks better in person... like that's even possible?

Seeing him reminded me of his exhibition going on at GYRE, so I went to take a look and I liked the concept of it. Photography wise, he's always been good and I've always enjoyed his work but seeing it in person is kinda... I think I don't know how to "properly" enjoy or be in depth with photography. This piece was my favorite :


In Time is a short film that focuses on the adversities young people face when their personalities and ideals confront the structure and pressure of adult society. To make these themes accessible to everyone, not just those who have the time to watch the whole film, this exhibit seeks to mimic the framework of "In Time". Much like a storyboard that might be used in preproduction, these photographs and clips offer a glimpse of the physical narrative of the film. Having whetted your appetite it is our hope that "In Time" you might be moved to watch the whole thing.

Sen Mitsuji

After that, I walked around some more and killed time at Tower Records reading some magazines and listening to Bury Tomorrow's new record while waiting for Laura. She arrived at about 5pm and we went to My Melody & My Sweet Piano Cafe. We've been wanting to go since she showed it to me when I was back in Singapore.


Everything was really cute and really... pink. Notice the pink subject heading I have for these two latest entries? It definitely does suit spring well. We both ordered curry rice, I had chicken and she had vegetables. For drinks, I got an elderflower soda and she had some strawberry drink which tasted like haagen das ice-cream! We were so busy taking photos, well, I mean it's a themed cafe so obviously we would. The food was way more edible compared to Pokemon Cafe. The curry was actually pretty good for a themed thing? To be honest, I'm not that big a fan of My Melody. I just went because who the hell cooks pink curry?

We spent about an hour there eating, taking pictures and chatting away. After that, we walked to Harajuku and before heading back we had cinnabons! They had a special Nutella flavoured one, so the both of us got that! It was really yummy. Talked some more, dropped by Tower Records again and finally went back at about 10.30pm. I wish I could stay out longer but I've been out the entire day and I'm awfully tired.

Since coming back to Japan, my body has been really tired. That's what you get for being a hermit for the last two months. I'm definitely staying in this weekend, I'm planning to paint, finish up setting up my house and cook! 


Here's a unicorn Pusheen because that's exactly what I'm feeling this day has been, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment